Notices

Help with electrical issues!

Old 04-30-2008, 11:08 PM
BKKloppenborg
Love my Acura

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with electrical issues!

Hey guys, installed some fog lights on teg worked great for half of the day. Today i woke up and CD player, Sun Roof, cigarette lighter all not working. WTF I am thinking a fuse blew, fogs still work. I disconnected the fogs to see if that would help anything it did not. Going to check Thurs morning, the fuse i am looking for is Accessories right? Thanks, Brian
Old 05-01-2008, 08:40 AM
BKKloppenborg
Love my Acura

Sunroof still is not working, but CD player is could it just be the switch is bad?
Old 05-01-2008, 10:40 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Are you using a relay circuit to switch the foglamps on and off?
If you are trying to run the foglights directly off the same circuit as the radio, you will not have enough amperage.

To diagnose the problem, use the fuse box diagram that is mounted to the inside of the fuse panel cover. Inspect the fuses for each system (sunroof, stereo, etc) that is not working. Report back with your findings.

And no matter what DO NOT INSTALL A HIGHER AMPERAGE FUSE to replace the blown fuses. If you install a 15 amp fuse in a 10 amp circuit, you risk an electrical fire that will destroy the car.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 05-01-2008, 07:22 PM
BKKloppenborg
Love my Acura

Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™
Are you using a relay circuit to switch the foglamps on and off?
If you are trying to run the foglights directly off the same circuit as the radio, you will not have enough amperage.

To diagnose the problem, use the fuse box diagram that is mounted to the inside of the fuse panel cover. Inspect the fuses for each system (sunroof, stereo, etc) that is not working. Report back with your findings.

And no matter what DO NOT INSTALL A HIGHER AMPERAGE FUSE to replace the blown fuses. If you install a 15 amp fuse in a 10 amp circuit, you risk an electrical fire that will destroy the car.
Checked all fuses sunroof is still not working i am guessing its the switch (Kinda knocked it to hard, with the medal contacts i think.

Oh ya knew about the fuse thing LMAO thanks to telling me. Never hurts especially something that important.