Notices

99 Integra driver side door lock sticking

Old 03-30-2008, 08:35 PM
adhuot01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Integra driver side door lock sticking

The driver side door lock sticks when I push the lock/unlock switch on the door, I hear clicking inside the door but it usually only moves the lock tab halfway. Ther seems to be some restriction. Is the acuator bad or should I remove the trim panel and and check for obstructions.

Last edited by adhuot01; 03-31-2008 at 02:00 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 03-31-2008, 12:09 AM
9of9

gl with your problem seems like people on here dont know shit about cars...i for one had the same problem you have now and a buddy of mine told me to replace the acuator...and problem solved...youre better off goin to honda-tech or teamintegra for future question..people on there actually are helpful
Old 03-31-2008, 06:40 AM
v6_accord_jerz
Stupid Power Ball

Don't listen to that moron.

Usually it's the actuator but before you go replacing parts, pull off the door panel and apply lube to the appropriate areas with a light application of lithium grease. This might loosen things up and usually this helps with the problem but if it persists then i'd replace the actuator.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:22 PM
adhuot01

Default 99 Integra dr. sd. door sticking

Originally Posted by v6_accord_jerz
Don't listen to that moron.

Usually it's the actuator but before you go replacing parts, pull off the door panel and apply lube to the appropriate areas with a light application of lithium grease. This might loosen things up and usually this helps with the problem but if it persists then i'd replace the actuator.
Thank you, I thought the same thing, I have some teflon water-proof lube I might try to apply to that area