Notices

Need DYI guide for Password:JDM Hardened Shift Link

Old 11-21-2006, 08:01 PM
DarkangelGSR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need DYI guide for Password:JDM Hardened Shift Link

I recently ordered and received a Password:JDM Hardened Shift Linkage Bushing Kit (B-Series). Now it came with no instructions or anything.

Anyone have a DYI guide on how to do it?
Old 11-21-2006, 11:47 PM
DaGip
4N2Ner

well its pretty easy to install the bushing, i got the same one by the ways. while at the track it popped out on me 2x. so with an jack it takes me less than 10min to pop back into place. once you secure the car, go underneath, you will see the bushing. take out the pin and the bushing. pop the new in place. i know I'm making it sound easy but it truly is man, my car is jacked up right no and ill see if i can take a pic of it, then i can take you through it step by step, Ive only did it 2x but i know how to install now.

ohh forgot to mention, it wasn't the hardened bushing that popped out on me, it was the OEM, now i don't encounter the problem anymore. and shifting does feel easier.

Last edited by DaGip; 11-21-2006 at 11:51 PM.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:55 AM
Snoopy
been there done that

it's pretty simple. there are two bolts underneath the shifter and another bolt holding the linkage to the tranny. you might have to drop the exhaust b-pipe so you can have easier access. i ended up having to do this. other than that it's pretty straight forward. the bushing that connects to the tranny is going to be stiff, i had a hard time trying to get that sucker in there, but using my foot (literally) popped it in.

oh and you got ripped off if you paid $39 for the set. i got my energy suspension set for $19. does the same thing, and comes in a nifty red color.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:16 AM
DarkangelGSR

Originally Posted by DaGip
well its pretty easy to install the bushing, i got the same one by the ways. while at the track it popped out on me 2x. so with an jack it takes me less than 10min to pop back into place. once you secure the car, go underneath, you will see the bushing. take out the pin and the bushing. pop the new in place. i know I'm making it sound easy but it truly is man, my car is jacked up right no and ill see if i can take a pic of it, then i can take you through it step by step, Ive only did it 2x but i know how to install now.

ohh forgot to mention, it wasn't the hardened bushing that popped out on me, it was the OEM, now i don't encounter the problem anymore. and shifting does feel easier.
phew! you had me scared there for a second. haha
Thanks man, pics would be greatly appreciated.

oh and snoopy- price really doesn't matter to me on the little things.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:23 AM
Snoopy
been there done that

i just try to save money where i can
Old 11-22-2006, 11:27 AM
DarkangelGSR

Nothing wrong with that bro!