Notices

Need Help raising my car...

Old 11-19-2006, 05:42 PM
tony852

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help raising my car...

I have a 97 Integra. I bought the car with the eibach lowering springs already on the car. I am currently looking for a DIY on how to put the stock springs back on my car, due to the camber problem I am having in the rear. The rear is so low that a rear camber kit would cause the tire to rub my wheel well. Your Help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:27 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

You need to obtain some OEM springs. Rent some compressors from autozone for like 40 bucks. Jack one side up, stand it, pull off the wheels, un-do the 4 struts bolts under the hood, un-do the brake lines from the assembly, un-do the retaining bolt, drop the assembly, compress the old springs, un-do the cap, compress the new spring, put it on, put the cap back on, un-do the spring clamps and re-install. Do for all 4 corners.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:59 AM
tony852

I just hope it is as easy as you make it sound...Thanks man.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:34 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Originally Posted by tony852
I just hope it is as easy as you make it sound...Thanks man.
Once you knock one out, the rest will be easy cause you'll remember any errors and not repeat them. So long as you do not have any stubborn bolts you should be fine. Good luck!!!
Old 11-22-2006, 03:29 AM
m735is

Stubborn bolts, yes. If you live anywhere where salt is, get some PB Blaster and SOAK the lower shock bolts, then spray every other fastener you may be working on. Sometimes the lower bolts can seize up in the bushings and you'll snap them off making it a PITA to this job.
Also get some of the metal sleeves that fit on the top of the strut rods, they can get seized on there too. Check the condition of the upper strut rubber mounts, because now is the time to replace them.
The front springs are REALLY long and you really have to crank the compresser to get the shocks started, just take your time and make sure the compressers stay across from each other. The rears are pretty easy to do.

You may also check the upper control (compensating) arms to see if the negative camber has chewed them up, expensive (for such a small piece) and same deal with the bolts and PB Blaster!

Of course if your shocks are questionable, do those as well.