Notices

Do civic 92-95 springs fit in integras?

Old 11-05-2006, 10:48 AM
Jorgexx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do civic 92-95 springs fit in integras?

I don't remember where I've heard that civic 92-95 springs fit in integras 94-01, but I need to put a stock suspension back in my car because its too stiff for a baby which is on the way, and a friend has the stock springs from a civic, so I just want to make sure they fit in my integra before I buy them
Old 11-05-2006, 10:54 AM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Not sure where you heard that either though. The only way to know for sure is to cross ref. the part numbers. If they are the same for both cars then there you go. If you cannot figure it out, let me know. I have a set of stock springs and struts (94-01) w/22k on them. I might be willing to part with them...
Old 11-05-2006, 05:19 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Yes. 92-00 Civic and 94-01 Integra springs are interchangeable. The spring rates will differ due to the differences in weight between them.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:15 PM
Jorgexx

Originally Posted by Däs Schmoo
Yes. 92-00 Civic and 94-01 Integra springs are interchangeable. The spring rates will differ due to the differences in weight between them.
so I'm guessing the civic's will be less stiff because they are lighter, but because its less stiff it should be a smoother ride, right? because thats what I'm after
Old 11-05-2006, 10:29 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Originally Posted by Jorgexx
so I'm guessing the civic's will be less stiff because they are lighter, but because its less stiff it should be a smoother ride, right? because thats what I'm after
No. The springs for the civic are engineered to the weight of the civic. So by putting civic springs on an Integra you are upping the payload which will cause a loss of resistance from the civic spring, hence your car may appear to be lowered and ride somewhat choppy due to the increase in weight.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:45 AM
g290ls
they call me tater salad

Originally Posted by centerforce99
No. The springs for the civic are engineered to the weight of the civic. So by putting civic springs on an Integra you are upping the payload which will cause a loss of resistance from the civic spring, hence your car may appear to be lowered and ride somewhat choppy due to the increase in weight.

x2 a civic spring wasnt ment to handle the weight of our cars, so in the long run it will compress somewhat making look like its lowered and making every bump feel like your driving over a rock
Old 11-07-2006, 10:19 AM
fastback

Just get the stock springs - there are ALWAYS some on craigslist for cheap.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:11 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Jorge, I pm'd and emailed you. Make sure you get back to me. I received your paypal transaction, but have to release it to myself. We topic'd "Springs and Struts" as a pm title originally, but it stayed the same throughout the communication. I was only under the impression you needed/wanted springs. See my pm for details.