Notices

2300lbs...mmmm

Old 04-26-2006, 09:51 AM
SP00NFed
FuK JDM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2300lbs...mmmm

I just took my car to get weighed and it weighed in at 2440 with me in the car and i weigh 140 ( i know, i don't weight much) I told my friend that owns a 240 and said that he doesn't think its possible that the stock weight for the integra is 2667 and my car only weighed 2300. Just wanted to see your opinions. thanks

Weight reductions...
I have a 95 GSR with jdm frontend w/ cf hood, only things inside the car are Complete dash, armrest delete, airbag delete, clock cover delete, 2 itr seats, factory carpet, Rear plastics, and the carpet in the rear that covers the floor. Sound Detonating stuff was taken out, all rear seatbelts were taken out, abs control unit is out, radio and speakers are taken out, i have slipstreams, no a/c no p/s no a/c motor mount no windshield washer fluid resevoir, CTR crank pulley, T1R exhaust, CAI and just a bunch of little things.

Last edited by SP00NFed; 04-26-2006 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:22 AM
jaymar88
HA.net Workout Krew

Originally Posted by SP00NFed
I just took my car to get weighed and it weighed in at 2440 with me in the car and i weigh 140 ( i know, i don't weight much) I told my friend that owns a 240 and said that he doesn't think its possible that the stock weight for the integra is 2667 and my car only weighed 2300. Just wanted to see your opinions. thanks

Weight reductions...
I have a 95 GSR with jdm frontend w/ cf hood, only things inside the car are Complete dash, armrest delete, airbag delete, clock cover delete, 2 itr seats, factory carpet, Rear plastics, and the carpet in the rear that covers the floor. Sound Detonating stuff was taken out, all rear seatbelts were taken out, abs control unit is out, radio and speakers are taken out, i have slipstreams, no a/c no p/s no a/c motor mount no windshield washer fluid resevoir, CTR crank pulley, T1R exhaust, CAI and just a bunch of little things.
I believe it. hood and engine component weight a ton.. plus the exhaust weight a good bit. Have an aftermarket header?? thats significant weight.

Try getting the car under 1 ton..

That's when you'll realize how much weight really makes a difference.
Nice car BTW!
Old 04-26-2006, 10:45 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Sounds about right to me.

Getting a DC under 2000 lbs will require a CF hatch, lexan rear side windows, fibreglass front fenders and probably a fully stripped interior. That's a lot of money and some significant aesthetic compromises.

I don't think they even make DOT-certified lexan windows for the DC.. :thinking:

But having gone to a similar extreme with my last car, I can tell you it's a very intense driving experience. Long highway treks will really test your tolerance for noise & vibration harshness. :run:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 04-26-2006, 10:49 AM
SP00NFed
FuK JDM

yeah the no radio thing is bothering me i think, i probably should have invested in an Ipod before i took it out :chuckles: Best part is my gf lives 3 hours away h:
Old 04-26-2006, 11:08 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

yeah the no radio thing is bothering me i think, i probably should have invested in an Ipod before i took it out :chuckles: Best part is my gf lives 3 hours away h:
:chuckles: Well.. just keep in mind that driving with headphones or earphones on is illegal pretty much everywhere.

If you want a system you can hear over the road noise, you'll have to find some other way to lose weight and not run afoul of the law. h:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 04-26-2006, 11:17 AM
SP00NFed
FuK JDM

yeah i haven't bought an ipod yet, but i was told that doing that is illegal. I wonder why they let people use ear pieces to talk on there cell phones now though
Old 04-26-2006, 11:27 AM
rugsr
How do my taillights look

what about them old school boom boxes that require 8 D batteries
wow thats a lot of weight off the car....i see you took of the ac compressor mount......isnt that also the lower motor mount?
Old 04-26-2006, 01:42 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

yeah i haven't bought an ipod yet, but i was told that doing that is illegal. I wonder why they let people use ear pieces to talk on there cell phones now though
Two reasons come to mind:

A) You have one ear free with a hands-free cell phone device.
B) It's generally expected that you won't be on the phone the entire time you're on the road.

Personally, I think it's a bad idea to talk on the phone at all when you're driving. But in terms of being able to hear traffic noises and maintain situational awareness, headphones have the ability to completely drown out all external noises, while an single earphone still gives you the ability (in theory) to hear enough to aware of your surroundings.

Think of it this way... with an iPod cranked up, you would not be able to hear emergency vehicle sirens, horns honking or tires screeching to a halt... all the things you need to hear to be a safe and alert driver. That's why the laws specifically ban the use of headphones and stereo earphones.