Notices

IS THIS it

Old 02-02-2006, 05:24 PM
ACT I

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS THIS it

Whenever I cut my car off the fan stays on for about a half an hour or more all the time i just replaced alt and battery. I figured its a fan relay. If that is the case what does this piece look like and where is it located. I have the basic maintance book from auto zone and didnt see it. Also when I visited the store they didn't have either. I would love a pic
Old 02-02-2006, 06:22 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

It would be quite helpful if we knew the year and model of your car.
Frankly I'm surprised they don't list it in the Chilton or Haynes manual. h:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 02-02-2006, 06:25 PM
VPUPPY

The fan relay is usually located in the under hood fuse box next to the battery. I am not sure about your particular car(cuz you listed not info on it), but it has been known that this is normal on certain hondas(i can speak from experience with a 88 prelude si).
Old 02-03-2006, 09:11 AM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the opposite problem. my fans never kick on...when should they kick on and what should i be checking out to fix the problem?
Old 02-03-2006, 09:54 AM
rugsr
How do my taillights look

shouldnt the fan on the pass side always be running, the other fan (driver side) is the AC fan. it might also be an extra if the car over heats
Old 02-03-2006, 10:48 AM
VPUPPY

The fan should not be running all the time. It should only run when your car is at operating temp. Its main purpose is to be there for when the air flow(car not moving) is not sufficient to bring the coolant down to the ideal temp. If your cooling fan is not operating you should check the cooling fan itself(hotwire it to see if it runs), the fan relay(under hood fuse box), or the fan switch(located on the thermostat housing, has a two wire connector. to find it, follow the lower radiator hose until you hit the engine block.) These are the most common problem areas...the only other place to check is the wiring to these parts. The A/C fan does serves the same purpose but for the A/C condensor. Both fans usually turn on when the A/C is in use.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:01 PM
ACT I

Im sorry i went into the integra thread so i would've thought it was known. Sorry i have a 90 integra manual.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:03 PM
ACT I

also would you have a pic of the fan relay or whatever the part is.