Notices

Transmision

Old 02-02-2006, 01:05 PM
christheape

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmision

I driva a 97 ls auto . What I'm looking for is a good transmision re build kit . I'm planing a vtec head swap and turbo and some other stuff and i under stand my trans won't hold. So I was wondering if yall had any sugestions on a high performance rebuilt kit.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:35 PM
hachacker5024

you say that you have an Auto, if you plan on going turbo and swapping your head for Vtec i would chang over to a manual this way you can get all that power to the ground
Old 02-02-2006, 01:46 PM
christheape

no I'd like to stay auto, and my wife cant drive manual
Old 02-02-2006, 01:59 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

you do realize that it's not simple to do the things your thinking about to an automatic car right?
Old 02-02-2006, 02:05 PM
christheape

yes i understand ' but I'd rather built a bad ass ayto than do a manual swap like every one else
Old 02-02-2006, 03:03 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...ght=auto+turbo

manual swaps are a better way to go... as far as a "rebuild kit: :dunno:, you can have your tranny rebuilt by someone to shift faster, have better gearing... but honestly it's not gunna be a good investment... for about 1/2 the cost you could have a MT, and it's good to have ur wife learn to drive stick.... not just so u can do this... but for emergencies as well
Old 02-02-2006, 03:07 PM
christheape

I've heard that you can buy high performance clutch disk and all the internals i just dont know where
Old 02-02-2006, 04:02 PM
carta79
Life after death

Originally Posted by christheape
I've heard that you can buy high performance clutch disk and all the internals i just dont know where

I don't think I've ever seen anyone post such a thing in the history of the internet. Anyways, the best advice I could give is to not modify the auto transmission in any way.

-You don't want your wife to drive a manual car but it's ok to drive a turbocharged automatic Integra. So you don't know how to drive a manual car, no big deal.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:13 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

you can...

for manual trannies.... there is very little you can do... and little or NO aftermarket parts for an auto... soo good lucky finding your internals and high performance clutch on ur automatic...

i hear the bugatti veyron clutch is now on the market for autos
Old 02-02-2006, 06:11 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

I driva a 97 ls auto . What I'm looking for is a good transmision re build kit . I'm planing a vtec head swap and turbo and some other stuff and i under stand my trans won't hold. So I was wondering if yall had any sugestions on a high performance rebuilt kit.
There are a number of issues with the Integra automatic transmission that make any rebuild a professional job. Unlike the valve-body or line pressure kits you've seen for the GM auto transmissions, serious internal work needs to happen before you can handle the load of a built turbo B-series.
PRO-TECH Transmissions is one company that offers a full rebuild service that will increase the power-holding capability of the transmission by upgrading the internal clutches and shift solenoids. Bear in mind that shift quality may degrade, making gear engagement more harsh.

IPT Performance Transmissions has a build-to-order program. This may be right up your alley.

yes i understand ' but I'd rather built a bad ass ayto than do a manual swap like every one else
That's fine, I commend you for it. You're one of the first people I've seen to be adamant about going with an auto transmission. Enjoy your trailblazing.

As posted above.. PRO-TECH Transmissions
IPT Performance Transmissions

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!