Notices

*rant* Brakes suck

Old 01-30-2006, 06:59 PM
Tellurium132
I fail at life.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *rant* Brakes suck

This is pissing me off... so far I know my LS needs new brakes, the pedal pulsates and the brake feel is not smooth but of warped rotors and oddly the right front and the left rear wheels get a ton of brake dust (versus the others) for some reason...

Well im driving home today and I notice the brakes are making a grinding noise as I come to a stop. So I pull up to my drive and look at the left rear wheel... the pad has either ripped off or is completely abnormally worn away! There is no pad whatsoever and all that is left is the brake pad plate attached normally to the caliper.

I guess ill be taking our truck tomorrow. Lucky we have another vehicle.

Something is definitely wrong with the whole system reguardless. :rant:
Old 02-01-2006, 06:19 PM
rudler

Default my brakes have issues too

Got a 97 Integra LS and the front brakes have been touchy since the beginning. Lately, they're pulsating again, after the third set of rotors in about 2 years (I don't down shift, unless in the mountains). I think I need to brake down and by some quality rotors.

My ride's got 186k and it's time for another timing belt. Also, there's squeaking in the front end when I'm driving and when I turn the steering wheel (something wrong with the steering gear-who knows)
Old 02-02-2006, 05:26 AM
KaBlookie
4-doors ROCK

Tellurium132

it seems as though your problem is that you have two stuck calipers (front right and rear left), and that's why your pads are gone and you're getting the pulsating in the pedal.

what's happening is that since the calipers are stuck (or close to it) they're constantly pressing the pads against the rotors, which is not only wearing down the pads faster than they should be, but it's also likely to be causing the rotors to warp due to overheating.

replace those two calipers, rotors, and pads whenever you get the chance, and you should be good to go.

--------------------
rudler

with your squeaking noise, it's probably something along the power steering system, either the PS pump or the steering rack itself. try to have a local shop check it out and see what's going on there.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:34 PM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the two calipers on that side are stuck, you would need two new calipers. then id get some rotors and pads for the front and rear. hell! if i was going to do all that i would just get new calipers on the other side too!