Notices

Some n00b questions about maintainence (gonna ship my car out of the country)

Old 01-30-2006, 03:10 PM
RisforTypeR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some n00b questions about maintainence (gonna ship my car out of the country)

I don't have an owner's manual or anything so please bear with me

So I'm preparing to have my ITR shipped out of the country (USA) and into my "motherland" (China) where I'll be going to school and working for the next few years. So I fired up the R just to make some diagnostic checks and to make sure that it'll run for a few years without a "well equipped" Honda dealership closeby.

One thing that I noticed was that whenever I turned the steering wheel while at a stop (as to make a turn or to park) it would make a horrible mettalic-screeching sound. I've been out of the country for a few months so I suppose there's something happened here in my absence. Could it be that the power steering fluid is low or dirty?

Another thing is I noticed that both the tanks that contain brake fluid are below the minimum line. I've been using Motul RBF600 and would it be best to just top off the fluid with more Motul or would any "decent" brake fluid be alright.

All in all the R is a tiny bit over 40K miles. I'm going to flush out all the fluids and so; are there any other things I should look into replacing or getting maintained? Because I would like the car to run optimally in a different country for about a least a few years...before I am able to locate a decent place to do maintainence. I don't know of any places in my immediate surroundings that have the knowledge or experience in properly maintaining a R...and I don't wanna end up driving to HK just to have basic maintainence.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:16 PM
jdmeg6hatchy
i

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you should be able to order Honda fluids and have them shipped to you, if your picky like me. try www.majestichonda.com