Notices

Bone stock gsr 1500$ what to do?

Old 01-30-2006, 10:18 AM
my2kgsr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bone stock gsr 1500$ what to do?

i have 1500$ saved up right now i dont know what to do i was looking into supercharger and a jrsc installed would be about 2600 then dyno would be another 500 or so, or their is a shop by me that will install skunk2 valves, titanium retainers, cams, cam gears and retainers for about 1200 then i figure another 300 to get a skunk 2 IM but my car is stock so far no suspension yet or exhaust dont want rims i like the gsr swirlies what do you guys think? just
Old 01-30-2006, 10:25 AM
FooD2000
Still Water

I think you should spend sometime searching and reading what sort of routes in terms of performence other people have gone and decide if it's right for you. You need to determine your goals for the car and then decide for yourself what sort of mods will match those goals.

Invest your money by investing time into searching this forum for it's an archive of knowledge.

PS: turbo
Old 01-30-2006, 10:58 AM
Schwa
Schiggity

suspension first...
Old 01-30-2006, 11:05 AM
mr.crx

suspension man thats what you should do first then think of performance remember you have to be able to get that power to the ground
Old 01-30-2006, 11:09 AM
Ninj4r
Acura Nubbins

Originally Posted by FooD2000

PS: turbo
seconded.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:24 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by my2kgsr
i have 1500$ saved up right now i dont know what to do i was looking into supercharger and a jrsc installed would be about 2600 then dyno would be another 500 or so, or their is a shop by me that will install skunk2 valves, titanium retainers, cams, cam gears and retainers for about 1200 then i figure another 300 to get a skunk 2 IM but my car is stock so far no suspension yet or exhaust dont want rims i like the gsr swirlies what do you guys think? just
What year is your GSR?
How many miles are on her?

Assuming all the required maintenance is done, I'd work on suspension first, then research the path you want to take for additional power before buying miscellaneous bolt-ons at random. Having a solid plan at the outset makes much more fiscal sense.

If your roads are marginal in quality, something as simple a a set of KYB AGX shocks and Tein S-Tech springs would work quite well and still leave money left over.

Lastly, welcome to HAN. :cheers:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 01-30-2006, 01:50 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

everyone is saying turbo and honestly i agree.. it seemed like you think u have 2 options for engine building...

1) Turbo - don't get the JRSC, you will not be amused that you just spent about $3000 for something that gives only mediocre performance (notice im selling mine)... you would want to research and see exactly what you want to do
1a) what state are you in? if in CA, u may want to consider Greddy kit (it's the only CARB-EO legal turbo kit for us californians
1b) the search button is your friend... u can choose to build a kit for a good cost and make lots of power... or by a full kit... research and see what you would prefer

2) All motor - i read you talking about the S2 valvetrain and cams... if you were to do that, you would not have the chance of doing a turbo kit.. going this route is N/A - naturally aspirated. If you chose to do that, even more research must be done... there are people that really like the idea of a quality NA motor... but most of us just like turbos..it's up to you
2a) if you choose to go NA... research some more... i have a set of stage 2 s2 cams for sale that have never been used, and im pretty sure i can sell em at a better cost than ur shop can get em for ya
2b) search more... you will need to tune the hell out of ur engine to make good power with an NA motor if you choose to go that route... either learn to tune properly.. or make friends with someone that knows the ins and outs of it

in the end... the choice is yours... there are a lot of directions you can go... i'd suggest researching all your options, talking to people, and seeing what you like best... the suspension can be done with under 1000, then you still have more than enough ready to begin a great turbo/NA build

hope i helped ya out...

Originally Posted by dave
lastly, welcome to HAN. :cheers:
ditto

Last edited by tegbooster; 01-30-2006 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:09 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

There is a third option available as well... nitrous oxide injection.

ZEX makes a very impressive dry nitrous oxide system that will safely net an additional 55hp on demand.

When operated in a mature and responsible manner with the proper upgrades to the drivetrain, fuel and ignition, nitrous oxide is a very efficient power adder for reasonable money.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 01-30-2006, 04:53 PM
mr.crx

nos haha jk sorry guys
Old 01-30-2006, 07:24 PM
dubcac
I

Good suspension, clutch, lightweight flywheel

Biggest improvements you can make on a stock car.