Notices

Ebay Screws up once again! Please Help!

Old 01-29-2006, 01:07 AM
DA808TWITCH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay Screws up once again! Please Help!

I have a 1990 Integra, I bought 90-93 Integra Tokico shocks from Ebay, but they sent 94-01 shocks instead. I know this because the part number on the shocks does not match the part number on the auction, and when I looked up the part number, 100% of all the shock sites on the web says its for 94-01Integra's.

My question is will it fit my car? The only reason I ask is that I have this week off, and don't have time to ship the shocks back and wait for the right ones. Has anyone put 94-01 shocks on a 90-93 Integra before? Please help! I jacked up my car and I see that the front shocks are pretty much the same, but when looking at the rear, they are the same but the Tokico shocks are approx. 1 cm longer. I mean how bad can it be?
Old 01-29-2006, 05:25 AM
reno96teg

eBay didn't screw up. the seller did. save yourself a headache and have them send you the right shocks. perhaps request that he pay for rush delivery.

that sucks, man.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:29 AM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Yeah dude, lazy people work double. Besides you don't need a whole week to do shocks. W/the right tools and un-stubborn bolts it takes 2-3 hrs. for the novice mechanic. Contact the seller and demand it be taken care of correclty w/shipping on him or you'll leave - feedback.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:52 AM
DA808TWITCH

Thats right Ebay didn't screw up the seller did, but Ebay was the best name to use in the title to get help. Anyways, how the hell is the seller going to pay me back to ship the shocks back to him? Does he credit my account or something?

But seriously....I'm just curious enough that I really want to know if they will work?
Old 01-29-2006, 12:43 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by DA808TWITCH
Thats right Ebay didn't screw up the seller did, but Ebay was the best name to use in the title to get help. Anyways, how the hell is the seller going to pay me back to ship the shocks back to him? Does he credit my account or something?

But seriously....I'm just curious enough that I really want to know if they will work?
They won't. Even if you compress the rear shocks to make them fit, you'll run the risk of bottoming out with disastrous consequences.

Since I first came across your question in the Integra FAQ, my answer is there LINK .

Lastly, in the future, please do not post your question in 3 different places. All it does is create extra work for the moderator staff. If no one is around and you need an answer quickly, use our search engine to research your question. With nearly 200,000 topics indexed, you'll probably find an answer promptly.

:cheers:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 01-29-2006, 07:39 PM
DA808TWITCH

Thanks for the reply. Sorry about the 3 different post thing. I first posted the ebay one, then I seen the "sticky on Integra Tech" and thought that would be a better place to ask for help....but instead of "replying" in that thread, I "posted" a new one which is this one. Then I posted a reply in the right Sticky Integra Tech post after I seen that I should have pushed "reply" instead. Just wanted to let ya know I didn't do it on purpose.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:47 AM
Try2Live4God

I hope you get this resolved soon!! Keep us updated!