Notices

• Integra Tech: [Read and post your basic questions here.]

Old 09-28-2005, 04:43 PM
cruserfier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can any-body help me? i bought a 2000 teg LS, it had a (SRS) light on. i took it to the shop they told me that they coldn't reset the light or find what was wrong with it. That the scanner will not give them a code. They also try mannualy by glove-box adapter and the light would not blink. what else can i do?? this is really crazy.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:38 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by kem1020
Can you help with DTC codes? I recently failed emissions with a P0181. Can this be fixed w/out going to the dealer? 2001 model. Thanks!
Is your Check Engine Light still on? If so, grab the CEL code using these instructions and code chart.

The P0181 DTC code doesn't show up in my 1997 model year factory manual. h:

Also, what were your CO, NOx and HC numbers?
If you went over the limit on any of these pollutants, let us know.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 09-28-2005, 05:53 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by cruserfier
Can any-body help me? i bought a 2000 teg LS, it had a (SRS) light on. i took it to the shop they told me that they coldn't reset the light or find what was wrong with it. That the scanner will not give them a code. They also try mannualy by glove-box adapter and the light would not blink. what else can i do?? this is really crazy.
Are the guys you took the car to competent Honda mechanics?

The procedure to reset the SRS unit is rather awkward and requires the use of a specialized connector and split-second timing.

Since the SRS system is so sensitive to voltage loads, I'd recommend taking the car to a genuine Acura dealer service center.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 09-29-2005, 06:19 PM
cruserfier

Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™
Are the guys you took the car to competent Honda mechanics?

The procedure to reset the SRS unit is rather awkward and requires the use of a specialized connector and split-second timing.

Since the SRS system is so sensitive to voltage loads, I'd recommend taking the car to a genuine Acura dealer service center.
One last question is there anything that i can do to fix it my-self if not, how much do you thing that i will end up spending to fix it? I'm kind of working on a thight buddget.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:48 AM
jdmeg6hatchy
i

i have 2 questions. where do i put the fluid into the transmission of a s80 gsr, pix would be greatly appreciated, also hoiw much do i add? the guy at honda sold me 3 mtf quarts and told me to add it all is this true??? thanks.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:28 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by cruserfier
One last question is there anything that i can do to fix it my-self if not, how much do you thing that i will end up spending to fix it? I'm kind of working on a thight buddget.
Not really. If you want the airbags to function as intended, you need the specialized jumper connector to bridge the reset terminals in a specific pattern.

So at the least, you'll need to buy a specialized tool to do the job yourself.

The only DIY solution I can think of is to remove the SRS system in it's entirety. But doing so exposes you to liability and it violates federal law.

Cost? I have no idea.
Figure about $60-80/hr for labor.
Call your local Honda / Acura dealer service center.

Old 09-30-2005, 06:24 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by jdmeg6hatchy
i have 2 questions. where do i put the fluid into the transmission of a s80 gsr, pix would be greatly appreciated, also hoiw much do i add? the guy at honda sold me 3 mtf quarts and told me to add it all is this true??? thanks.
There is a little fill nipple that is on the top of the tranny. Hook up some hose and a funnel and pour it in.

Fill the tranny with the fill plug out and fill until the fluid starts coming out. This is usually a little less than 1.5 quarts or so.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:43 PM
martin88005

ok i just bought a 89 integra ls with a 5 speed man tranny. i want speed asap so what should i put in that will do the job.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:42 PM
1990 Integra
driver

Hey hows it goin guys just joined this is my first post. Anyways got a kind of stupid question but I don't know much about cars so here goes. I had a decent scratch on the back of my 90 GS and I touched up the paint on it, only problem is it is flat looking, compared to the shininess of the rest of the car. I figured I had to buff or wax it or something, but wasn't really sure what the first thing to do would be. Any ideas?

Thanks alot
Scott
Old 10-04-2005, 10:05 PM
cruserfier

Originally Posted by 1990 Integra
Hey hows it goin guys just joined this is my first post. Anyways got a kind of stupid question but I don't know much about cars so here goes. I had a decent scratch on the back of my 90 GS and I touched up the paint on it, only problem is it is flat looking, compared to the shininess of the rest of the car. I figured I had to buff or wax it or something, but wasn't really sure what the first thing to do would be. Any ideas?

Thanks alot
Scott
Well first you have to buff the scratch, then when you touch it up make sure you use a really small brush so that you can touch up only the inside of the scratch, also make sure you got the right paint code for the car. you can never make a scratch go away for good just by touching it up but, the idea is just to camo the scratch. good luck with it.