Notices

• Integra Tech: [Read and post your basic questions here.]

Old 08-25-2005, 08:19 PM
fll3x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maitenance at 140K?

My 94 GSR is approaching 140 thousand miles.. Is there a way to check when I should replace the timing belt? By the way, I purchased this car at 130 thousand miles so the previous owner did not replace it yet. What else should I be worried about replacing at this time?

Also occasionally the clutch pedal feels loose.. when i press it down it feels like my foot can swivel the pedal foward.

Thanks
Old 08-25-2005, 08:26 PM
M@rshy
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Originally Posted by fll3x
My 94 GSR is approaching 140 thousand miles.. Is there a way to check when I should replace the timing belt? By the way, I purchased this car at 130 thousand miles so the previous owner did not replace it yet. What else should I be worried about replacing at this time?

Also occasionally the clutch pedal feels loose.. when i press it down it feels like my foot can swivel the pedal foward.

Thanks
I'm pretty sure you're supposed to replace the timing belt at 90k.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:52 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by fll3x

Thanks
I would replace it ASAP. Like Marshy said, it needs to be replaced at 90k miles. If it breaks, you will be in a world of hurt with bent valves, etc.

The clutch is most likely original, so it may be on it's way out as well. Check the tightness of the pedal assembly and then the master and slave cylinders for any leaks and bleed the system. If that doesn't help, you need a new clutch relatively soon.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:46 PM
The Kid

How much quarts of oil should I put in my 91 Integra. I just got this thing and wanted to tune it up. I bought five qaurts, but how much am I going to use? Thanks.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:59 AM
fll3x

Originally Posted by Shmoo
I would replace it ASAP. Like Marshy said, it needs to be replaced at 90k miles. If it breaks, you will be in a world of hurt with bent valves, etc.

The clutch is most likely original, so it may be on it's way out as well. Check the tightness of the pedal assembly and then the master and slave cylinders for any leaks and bleed the system. If that doesn't help, you need a new clutch relatively soon.
I believe the timing belt has been replaced already, but i'm not sure if I should replace it again. I will call the previous owner today.

The new clutch was put in when I bought the car, so its probably just the pedal assembly.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:02 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by The Kid
How much quarts of oil should I put in my 91 Integra. I just got this thing and wanted to tune it up. I bought five qaurts, but how much am I going to use? Thanks.
Start with 3.7 quarts and check it after running it for a few minutes. Then top it off to the max line.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:15 PM
M@rshy
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Originally Posted by MarshyTheKid
squeekage and a scraping noise when I back up. Previously the noise was from the backing plate but they said no it wasn't that, it was my I took my car into Altons at the beginning of the summer because ofbrake calipers. They said that they are too stiff and I need to get new ones early winter at the latest. So here I am, before winter looking forbrake calipers.

I need to get cheap quality calipers. How much do they cost on average for all four? This is for a 94 Sedan. I plan on changing them myself since I don't trust any of the garages around me, not even the dealers(They are overpriced and do horrible work). How hard is it of a job? I will probobly be getting an impact hammer, I heard that its hard to take the calipers off without one.
So what websites would be a good deal to buy from?
Anyone know of any cheap places?
Old 09-14-2005, 06:54 PM
rugsr
How do my taillights look

Default getn teg ready for turbo!

well, the turbo is on the way and id like to get the teg ready for this. i mean to be safe and what not. car has 92k on it and ive had it for 2yrs, bought with 68k on it from a grandma. NOW im sure the timing belt needs to get done(EASY JOB GUYS?), what about water pump, think it should get done? anything else you guys can think of? before taking this leap.
PS-isnt my daily driver so i can and will do the work
thanks all
Old 09-14-2005, 07:45 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Water pump and tensioner must be replaced along with the timing belt. To not replace them is to invite disaster.

If the water pump were to seize, the timing belt may snap.
If the tensioner fails, the timing belt may jump.

Either of these outcomes will ruin your day.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 09-14-2005, 07:45 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

<<< Merged with BASIC MAINTENANCE THREAD >>>

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!