Notices

b18c gsr squeaky clutch

Old 05-31-2005, 05:50 AM
94_b18c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b18c gsr squeaky clutch

hi everyone i'm a newbie here just signed up today.anyways i have a 94 civic coupe with a 94 b18c gsr motor, i noticed that theres a sqeaky sound coming from the tranny area, it's not loud but noticeable specially at night time or there is some other car right beside me, i'm guessing it's the cluth because everytime i step on the cluth it goes away and after i release the clutch the sound comes back slowly,the car runs fine the clutch works fine except for that squeaky sound (by the way clutch is new even the throw out bearing), and i can only here that in idle.does anybody knows about this please help.thanks in advance.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:34 AM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a similar problem with my clutch. I get a sort of rubbing metal noise until I push in the clutch pedal. When I push the clutch in to the disengagement point, the noise goes away. I can also hear it when I am driving at low rpms. I have been told it's the throwout bearing but I'm not totally sure...
Old 05-31-2005, 08:27 AM
94_b18c

red94teg how long is yours been doing that? coz i just start noticing mine few days ago.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:01 AM
Jo3f1sh
waiting for boost...

sounds like a throwout bearing to me. that's the common sound when those go bad. i've heard it's not that hard to fix...i could be wrong though...
Old 05-31-2005, 09:11 AM
94_b18c

i talk to my mechanic that did the clutch for me, he said that sometimes it does that because it is still new probably it's not completely broken in (break in) yet, but he said he can adjust the clutch so it would not put too much pressure to the throwout bearing and eventually the sound would go away,is it true what my mechanic said? i need a second opinion from you guys,and it's only been 2 months ago since i change my clutch and throwout bearing.thanks.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:27 AM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by Jo3f1sh
sounds like a throwout bearing to me. that's the common sound when those go bad. i've heard it's not that hard to fix...i could be wrong though...
I guess it is easy if you find dropping the tranny to lube up the bearing easy. I personally would just replace the clutch when it goes instead of worrying about the throwout bearing. Mine squeaks but it doesn't interfere with anything, so when I have enough money for a new clutch, that is how I will fix it.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:01 AM
Tobra

It sounds like the TO bearing to me too, I would get it checked out, that should not be making noise, especially if it is new.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:01 PM
Jo3f1sh
waiting for boost...

Originally Posted by Shmoo
I guess it is easy if you find dropping the tranny to lube up the bearing easy. I personally would just replace the clutch when it goes instead of worrying about the throwout bearing. Mine squeaks but it doesn't interfere with anything, so when I have enough money for a new clutch, that is how I will fix it.
heh...i guess that would be pretty hard on a teg...well, like i said, i'm coming from a 5.0 background where dropping the tranny takes all of 10 minutes...not bashing, just letting ya'll know where i'm coming from
Old 05-31-2005, 12:30 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by Jo3f1sh
heh...i guess that would be pretty hard on a teg...well, like i said, i'm coming from a 5.0 background where dropping the tranny takes all of 10 minutes...not bashing, just letting ya'll know where i'm coming from
Understandable.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:53 PM
94_b18c

hey guys i noticed something about my clutch again, everytime i step on the clutch and put it into gear when i release the clutch just a lil bit the car starts moving, it's not doing that before,usually i have to release it almost halfway before the car moves. do you guys think the mechanic's right that it needs some adjustment? that's why it's making that squeaky sound.
by the way thanks for the reply guys i appreciate it.