Notices

92 Integra Dash Board

Old 03-07-2005, 04:57 PM
JesterMasque
ETERNAL GRINNING ^

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 Integra Dash Board

I bought my gf glo-gauges for her 92 LS. But I tried for like 1/2 hour just to get the dash apart! Finally I said that I'd call some friends who are more experienced with working on imports cause I do diesels. 2 of my friends said they won't do it cause it's such a pain in the ass but a shop said they'd do it for like $50 which is more than I paid for the gauges. How do I get the dash apart to do it?!?!?!
Old 03-07-2005, 10:18 PM
Eclypz

1-Two or three screws (upside down) on the dash in front of the cluster.
2-Pull a/c knobs out and pop the little a/c dash (showing a/c fan speed and temp) out .There's going to be one or two screws back there.
3-There's a little triangular plastic piece on the right of the a/c stuff closer to the passenger side, pop that out and you'll see one more screw.
4-Take off the big plastic cover right at you knee and you see four or five screws upside down holding the dash board.
5-Now all the screw should be out ,use flat edge screwdriver to pop the dash out and use force because there are clips all over the place and they'll pop out with some force but don't break anything.
6-I think there are also 2 screws ontop of the cointray, remove the cointray to see it.

For cluster:
1-Once the dash is out there are two golden screws holding the cluster to the car, take them out.
2-Pull cluster back , stick one hand back there and detach two big electric plugs on the left upper corner (when looking through the steering wheel). These plugs have a clip, push the clip and pull the plug at the same time.
3-Pull cluster more and there will be a thick cable in the middle bottom of the cluster with a clip, push clip and pull cable backwards (this will be kind of hard)

I was too lazy to type it all out, so i copied and pasted it from g2ic, but I think the write up missed a couple of screws, so i added it as step 6.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:43 PM
JesterMasque
ETERNAL GRINNING ^

Holy god.....
Thanks alot. If you could, the instructions for wiring are very vague. Could you tell me where to wire up the black and red wires and where's a good spot to mount her switch?