Notices

Consendation on headlights, what to do?

Old 03-06-2005, 05:57 PM
95greenteg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Consendation on headlights, what to do?

i notice couple of days ago that there is consendation on the driver side headights on my gf's 98 integra....is there any way to dry or get rid of that? or is that a common problem among integra....
Old 03-06-2005, 06:05 PM
xmrcrackersx
poop...what a funny word.

Alright, something I know how to fix. Finally. Ok well all you need to do is drill a small little hole somewhere on the top corner of the light. (top left, bottom right, etc) somewhere where it won't affect anything. Just a drill a hole (about 1/8 should do the trick) and you will notice after a couple of days that the water will be gone, the hole allows air to circulate though the fixture. I would reccomend doing it to all the exterior lights on the car.
Old 03-06-2005, 06:14 PM
95greenteg

did you do this to your car? also if you drill a hole does the consendation come back later?
Old 03-06-2005, 06:31 PM
xmrcrackersx

Yea. All the exterior lights on my car. It hasnt but if it does, drill another small hole at the opposite corner.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:21 PM
Locrien
Not a captian save a ho

the same thing is happening to my 95gsr but i dont think i really would want to drill a hole in my headlights. i just hit mine a few times and all the mosture went to the bottom haha. hmm guess removing the headlights would be to much of a bitch..
Old 03-07-2005, 09:33 PM
EviLLLLSiNz
n00b

i have the same problem! any other ideas out there? anyone else drill holes in their lights and how they holdin up? - just wanna get some more input before i drill em :P
Old 03-07-2005, 09:43 PM
xmrcrackersx

You dont want to drill super big holes. Just holes small enough so that you can blow through them. if you have drill bits, the 1/8's size is perfect. If you want to get really technical, go out and buy some Rain x and take the plastic lamp off your unit and apply the rain x to the inside and then the water will just repel right off. Or you could bang on them every single morning.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:56 PM
Black92GSR

I had condensation in my DA 1pc headlight and I never drilled any holes in them to keep the water out

I took them off the car, poured the water out, used a hair dryer to get the rest of the water out... then I put them in the oven at 200 degrees F for 15 mins(should be long enough to soften the glue) after heating the lights I squeezed it to tighten the seal between the lens and the case. then I used clear silicone round the edge to completly seal it......

Btw... headlights already have a vent tube built-in so I don't see the advantage of making more of them....

It's been a year since I sealed them and I never get condensation, and I can shoot water directly on them at the car wash without worrying...
Old 03-07-2005, 11:19 PM
LT
The deer had to die!

i just drilled 2 small holes on the bottom of the lens, and one on the top. condensation does come back, but after driving for a while it gets blown out.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:45 AM
teg_fan
I like integra's

When I had condensation in my g2 taillights, I took them out and removed the wiring and gasgets, then boiled them in a big pot to soften the glue, and then I removed the lense and re-sealed the whole lense to the fixture. Its hard to seal it perfect, but it did make a big inprovement. I used fish tank glue (silicone), but I think there may be another sealer out there that would work better.