Notices

What ECU to use

Old 03-05-2005, 05:56 PM
Poorboyz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What ECU to use

What ECU would be best for my setup? I'm going to run a LS turbo setup on a hatchback civic. I have JE 9:0:1 pistons, Eagle rods, Skunk2 camshafts. That is all the work on it so far. I'm going to get a Garret T3/T4 Turbo and I'm also going to upgrade other parts as time comes like new intake manifold, new injectors, MSD, etc. So, which ECU to use. I need to be able to use it with the stuff I currently have, and then when I get the turbo and other things I need to be able to have it re mapped. Should I use the P28, the P75 or the PR4?

I currently have a P28 that I got from a friend but If I can't use it then I'll just sell it and get the one I need.

Thanks
Chuck
Old 03-05-2005, 06:03 PM
PikkaGTR
Power of Dreams

that should be ok if you're gonna go with something like a hondata s200w/boost or uberdata
i think ur better off with the p72 obd1 from the 94-95 GSR and a hondata s200
Old 03-05-2005, 06:06 PM
TurboSiR

If your are not gonna do a vtec head i'd run the P75 either an aftermarket chipped program like uberdata or turboedit. The best buy for the money with your setup would be to go with the hondata S200 with boost option, (also all new Hondata S200 purchased 2005 will come standard with datalogging. Hope that can help you out
Old 03-06-2005, 05:54 AM
Poorboyz

Originally Posted by TurboSiR
If your are not gonna do a vtec head i'd run the P75 either an aftermarket chipped program like uberdata or turboedit. The best buy for the money with your setup would be to go with the hondata S200 with boost option, (also all new Hondata S200 purchased 2005 will come standard with datalogging. Hope that can help you out
I am running all LS, not LS/Vtec. I'm not going to have the turbo on it right away so is it still ok to use the p75 ecu stock until I get the turbo?

Also, have you ever heard of the piggyback system called "Perfect Power SMT6 or SMT7? I have the sofware but don't have the hardware yet, but I was thinking of using it to do all the programming as I go. I was just going to hook it up to my laptop and tune it that way. It does Boost, and everything else you mentioned in your post.

Thanks for the replies
Chuck
Old 03-06-2005, 07:40 AM
TurboSiR

Originally Posted by Poorboyz
I am running all LS, not LS/Vtec. I'm not going to have the turbo on it right away so is it still ok to use the p75 ecu stock until I get the turbo?

Also, have you ever heard of the piggyback system called "Perfect Power SMT6 or SMT7? I have the sofware but don't have the hardware yet, but I was thinking of using it to do all the programming as I go. I was just going to hook it up to my laptop and tune it that way. It does Boost, and everything else you mentioned in your post.

Thanks for the replies
Chuck
yes as a matter of fact i do.. I'm currently dealing with the SMT6 program for the honda ecus. the smt7 is a little more advanced. in your case it would be perfect. we have a 93 hatch Ls stock internals and head, turbo charged with the SMT6 piggyback. with only 6 psi it ran 12.7 @ 103 mph. on 14" slicks. yeah your setup would work fine with the P74 or 75. hope that can help you out..
Old 03-06-2005, 11:06 AM
all motor DC2

Best bet is to go with the Hondata S200. I ran a similiar setup in my old car, 97 Ls. The S200 worked fine with me on that setup. Just my opinion, but stay away from uberdata.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:42 PM
94civicEX
I got worms.

Hondata S200b on your P28

duck squad member #00003
Old 03-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Poorboyz

Originally Posted by TurboSiR
yes as a matter of fact i do.. I'm currently dealing with the SMT6 program for the honda ecus. the smt7 is a little more advanced. in your case it would be perfect. we have a 93 hatch Ls stock internals and head, turbo charged with the SMT6 piggyback. with only 6 psi it ran 12.7 @ 103 mph. on 14" slicks. yeah your setup would work fine with the P74 or 75. hope that can help you out..

That's What I was thinking since I'm going to turbo it in the near future. How hard is it to use the SMT7? I also like it because it seems you can adjust boost unlike the SMT6. Is there any way you can email me the map you used on the 93 LS hatch so I can load it up on my SMT7 program? I also have the SMT6 if it won't work on the 7.

Thank you
Chuck