Notices

Turboing my Teg.....

Old 03-04-2005, 08:06 AM
GSRRacer95
Fight On!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turboing my Teg.....

I'm interested in adding a turbo to my Integra, but I'm not sure where to start..

I would like to get a kit that bolts up instead of piecing one together.( I know it's cheaper)

I see that that some kits come with injectors and fuel management stuff, and some dont....

So any advice or links would be a great help!! Thanks!!
Old 03-04-2005, 09:41 AM
GSRRacer95
Fight On!

Bump
Old 03-04-2005, 11:34 AM
Snoopy
been there done that

cmmon dude you could do a search and find your answers
Old 03-04-2005, 11:58 AM
teg92
WHAT OK YEAH!

searching is your friend
Old 03-04-2005, 02:51 PM
HYBRID

search
Old 03-06-2005, 06:49 PM
xmrcrackersx
poop...what a funny word.

I searched, and got ALOT of results. Sometimes it might be helpful to help us noobs out with just a little narrowing down once in a while.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:32 PM
mugen777

well for starters your gonna need to probably build your motor up if you havent already... low compression pistons, id deff recommend turbo cam shafts, valves, valves springs, titanium retainers, and cam gears but just saying.. as far as the turbo what are you looking for alot of top end more horsepower which is gonna result or more turbo lag but id look at the garret t3/t40E hybrid for that, or something thats gonna spoil up quicker and still give you good gains get a t3..
Old 03-06-2005, 07:34 PM
mugen777

http://www.turbo-kits.com/integra_turbo_kits.html
Old 03-06-2005, 07:40 PM
StkyKiD84

i have read about a g2 integra on ALLL STOCK motor boostin 17lbs!!! and makin 295whp! frickn crazy. the key is Fuel man.

I am boostin my teg soon, and im doing 10lbs all day and 12 at the track. for fuel man. im using the Gready E-01 and the "Blue Box" its about a 700 dollar set up for those 2 pieces but you can tune it urself, and its multipal tools in one. and the E-01 just looks pimp. then for the exhaust im just doin a down pipe to an Ecutout. then keeping the stock exhaust system for sleeper style. i shuld only be pushing around 260whp or around there, and im hopeing to get a Stage 3 Compation Clutch. I dont know what type of turbo im getting yet. but im jsut getting everything i need in one big pile and then spending a weekend to bolt it all in.
God bless bro!
Old 03-06-2005, 08:16 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by StkyKiD84
i have read about a g2 integra on ALLL STOCK motor boostin 17lbs!!! and makin 295whp! frickn crazy. the key is Fuel man.

I am boostin my teg soon, and im doing 10lbs all day and 12 at the track. for fuel man. im using the Gready E-01 and the "Blue Box" its about a 700 dollar set up for those 2 pieces but you can tune it urself, and its multipal tools in one. and the E-01 just looks pimp. then for the exhaust im just doin a down pipe to an Ecutout. then keeping the stock exhaust system for sleeper style. i shuld only be pushing around 260whp or around there, and im hopeing to get a Stage 3 Compation Clutch. I dont know what type of turbo im getting yet. but im jsut getting everything i need in one big pile and then spending a weekend to bolt it all in.
God bless bro!
As long as detonation is noexistent, a good amount of boost can be run safely. The structural integrity of the internals comes into question at about 14 psi, so anymore than that on a daily basis will eventually blow the motor.

The blue box is crap. The one that came with my turbo from Greddy was garbage, so I purchased the Greddy E-manage. It is pretty limited, so I am really considering Uberdata. The ECU will learn around the piggyback units, so it is best that a standalone ECU is run. The E-01 is a boost controller and will not monitor fuel in any way. It is just a fancy, overpriced boost controller that can be used to tune the Greddy E-manage. If you are going to go with the E-Manage, get the support tool if you want to make small corrections but let a shop fully tune it. It will be much cheaper and safer that way. Also, the stock exhaust will really hold you back. You need a larger diameter piping to compensate for the extra flow a turbo provides. 2.5-3" piping is optimal and a stock exhaust just doesn't cut it. My car is pretty sleeper style but that is one thing I could not get around.