Notices

Intake resonator removal

Old 03-03-2005, 10:54 AM
wolfmann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake resonator removal

Sorry, but im not exactly 100% on this, but is the resonator the white tubing that is coming from the engine bay, or is it the huge box that is on the piping? Im only confused because the huge box is gray and ive heard the resonator is white. By the way, i have a 95 LS
Old 03-03-2005, 11:01 AM
EviLLLLSiNz
n00b

i dont know about 95 ls but i have a 95 gsr. its an all plastic thing. i had to take it off to put in the cai. its right in back on the bumper on the passenger side. look at your engine bay and ull see it. its just under the stock intake box. mine was black - which threw me off too cuz i thought it was white when i saw the instructions for my intake. you will have to remove the passenger front wheel too..peel off the wheel well and you will see it right there. from my memory there is 3 or 4 bolts to take off. let me know if you have nemore ?s
Old 03-03-2005, 11:15 AM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea it has a lighter colored plastic thing thats attached to another black piping cluster thats attached to the intake box via a rubber seal. its really easy to remove it, i did it to my integra in in roughly 30 minutes.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:16 AM
wolfmann

yeah, just one more. The resonator is the HUGE box and not the white pipe that goes to into the engine bay that sucks in the air right? And do i have to have any piping connecting anything back up, or do i just remove it?
Old 03-03-2005, 11:54 AM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nah you can just pull it out. the box is connected to black piping and it routes to the inner fender. it has these lighter colored plastic tanks attached to it but they serve no purpose. now start wrenching!