Notices

after installing aem v2...

Old 02-28-2005, 06:57 PM
EviLLLLSiNz
n00b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default after installing aem v2...

something is making a buzzing noise/ rattling in the engine. what u guys think it is? it seems like its not coming from the intake cuz when i turn my engine on and touch the intake it doesnt vibrate and still rattles...also a hose clamp popped off when i first turned on the car - big problem?

and on a side note, how can you stop the clutch from being all squeaky. when i push the clutch pedal down, there is a squeaking noise coming from somewhere in the engine bay, not within the car.

thanks.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:51 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

The rattling is from some sort of metal on metal contact. There has got to be something you did with the intake install that pushed something a certain way that is causing the noise. If you could pinpoint the sound, you can fix it. I would do that. And where did the hose clamp pop off from?

About the clutch, it is most likely your master cylinder. Mine did that right before it decided to poop out on me.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:02 AM
EviLLLLSiNz
n00b

looks like ill b seeing where the sound coming from this weekend...and for the hose clamp i heard it pop off when i started it and found it under the header.... ill prolly look at that this weekend too.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:58 PM
Grahf

I just installed that same CAI on my car. The only problem I had was getting it low enough so it wouldn’t hit my hood. I ended up sticking a piece of rubber on my hood where it hits to stop it from rubbing or banging on my hood. That’s probably not your problem since you should know just from closing your hood if it’s easily closing all the way. Check your hood to see if there are any scratch marks just in case.