Notices

Integrated Control Unit

Old 02-26-2005, 01:39 PM
tgibson10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integrated Control Unit

I have a question about the integrated control unit on a 91 teg. The seat belt warning along with the annoying ocasional beep, people have told be that the ICU was the cause. I removed it from the back of the fuse panel and jsut want to know if it's just that square gray box. Any info is appreciated.

Thomas Gibson
Old 02-26-2005, 01:42 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Yes, the ECU is a gray box with a few harnesses coming out the back.

Is it beeping all the time or just when the car is first started?
Old 02-26-2005, 10:07 PM
tgibson10

Well, the beep noise can be random sometimes all day long and sometimes not at all for a month, same with the interm. wipers, defroster and now the clicking seat belt warning box, which all point a bad ICU. The only thing that I can't figure out is when the battery is connected the belt warning relays are clicking rapidly and won't allow the car to start. Any info is appreciated.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:12 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Have you checked your fuses first? Once I had a open door light, nonworking rear defroster, cabin lights, and intermittant wipers and it turned out to be a blown fuse. Check these first and then deal with the ECU if it still exists. And about the clicking, check your connection to the battery. Clean the posts and wires. I had the same problem and I cleaned everything and it hasn't happened since.