Notices

weird blower motor problem

Old 02-22-2005, 07:42 AM
bnuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird blower motor problem

i recently bought a 94 LS and just got running a couple weeks ago. I realized the other day that the blower wasn't working at all. The motor works fine if you hook up striaght to 12V. Here is the wierd thing: with the ignition on and the heat on the motor is not hooked up to ground or 12V. seriously. there no voltage between the motor's ground connection and 12V or the motor's 12V connection and ground. And if i jumper either pole of the motor to either ground or 12V, nothing. it only works if you jumper both poles. all the fuses are fine, the resistors are fine and relay is also working.

According to the haynes manual schematics, on the hot side it is a straight shot from the relay to the motor, and it is completely independant of the ground circuit.
Is that accurate, or is there some plug or connection that the ground and 12V both go through that could cause both circuits to go out? If anyone knows of any plugs or connections like this it could save me a lot of time.

BTW. Haynes schematics says the wire leaving the relay is yellow while the wire going into the fan is blue/white so it seems there is a connection somewhere.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:14 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you say that fuse 37 is fine? If so, I am seeing in my service manual that the wire is completely independent of other circuits after it leaves the relay like you said. I am not, however, seeing the yellow colored wire you speak of. Is anything else not working that would suggest a blown fuse elsewhere? I am getting confused by this diagram because it shows fuse 13 going to ground through the same relay through a black wire. I guess I should have paid more attention in automotive electronics...