Notices

3 problems: Door's Light Indicator, Passenger Compartment's Light, and Trunk

Old 02-21-2005, 08:18 AM
eleveill
Taket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 problems: Door's Light Indicator, Passenger Compartment's Light, and Trunk

My Car: Acura Integra GS 1997 228000km

Hi everyone, I'm looking to solve the following 3 problems on my car:

Door Light Problem: The door light indicator that informs you a door is not closed show up sometimes while driving. It's coming from the driver's door since when I slightly push on it, the light shows up simultaneously. Any idea(s) how to fix this???

Compartment Light Problem: Same thing. While the passenger compartment door is closed, the compartment light goes on and off while I'm driving. Any idea(s) how to fix this???

Trunk rattling noise: I read old treads and I didn't find any ingenious solution yet to this problem... Any suggestions??? It's ****ing annoying...

Thanks
Old 02-21-2005, 11:09 AM
Schwa
Schiggity

Could just be bad contacts that makes the lights go on and off. Sounds like it especially if it only comes on when you push on the door (causing them to lose contact and close the switch that turns on the light)

For the rattling, there are actually lots of threads on that...there's a way to turn the rubber stoppers so that they stick out more and put more pressure onto the hatch
Old 02-22-2005, 04:47 AM
eleveill
Taket

With respect to the door light indicator, it goes on and off, many times, at any speed and I don't have to push on the door for it to happen. If I do, the light stays on for sure until I stop pushing on it. When driving at night, I have to turn off my new stroboscope (moon light) since it's all linked together. Pretty scary!!!

Anyone knows where's the light switch of the glove compartment?

Schwa: Thanks for the rubber stoppers suggestion, I will try it.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:20 AM
eleveill
Taket

Ok, Great. My trunk rottling noise is fixed. Thanks Schwa.

I still have these 2 problems:

1) Door Light: The door light indicator that informs you a door is not closed show up sometimes while driving. It's coming from the driver's door since when I slightly push on it, the light shows up simultaneously. What and where is the switch mechanism of the door?

2) Glove Box Light: Any insight about this switch would be great help.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:49 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Originally Posted by eleveill
Ok, Great. My trunk rottling noise is fixed. Thanks Schwa.

I still have these 2 problems:

1) Door Light: The door light indicator that informs you a door is not closed show up sometimes while driving. It's coming from the driver's door since when I slightly push on it, the light shows up simultaneously. What and where is the switch mechanism of the door?

2) Glove Box Light: Any insight about this switch would be great help.
My Wife's Accord did this and I had to adjust the latch handle on the door jam because it had become loose. You may want to inspect that.

Her Accord also has the glove box light on all the time and I have not come up for a fix for that yet. Hopefully the bulb will burn out soon.