Notices

PCV valve on B18B1.

Old 02-18-2005, 03:27 PM
bnuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCV valve on B18B1.

ok i was replacing the head gasket on a 94 LS and while taking the head off i broke this plastic pipe running from this plastic piece in the middle of the IM (mounted on a flange between two of the intake runners) straight down. At the time i just thought it was an wierd connection so I ended up just breaking all the plastic out of the hole and running a piece of tubing from the port on the IM to the conection on top the cannister below the IM. Was this "connection" i destoyed actually the PCV vlave? if it was what will i need to replace it (besides the valve)?
Old 02-18-2005, 04:31 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The tubing and the PCV valve just need to be replaced. It will run you less than $10 at any local auto parts store.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:35 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bnuk
ok i was replacing the head gasket on a 94 LS and while taking the head off i broke this plastic pipe running from this plastic piece in the middle of the IM (mounted on a flange between two of the intake runners) straight down. At the time i just thought it was an wierd connection so I ended up just breaking all the plastic out of the hole and running a piece of tubing from the port on the IM to the conection on top the cannister below the IM. Was this "connection" i destoyed actually the PCV vlave? if it was what will i need to replace it (besides the valve)?
The PCV valve is in an "L" shape. I know the one for the C1 has a red top to it. As Shmoo said, I'd just replace it cause it's cheap.