Notices

hey im new here...

Old 02-17-2005, 11:27 AM
danteisme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey im new here...

hey im new here, just thought id say hi. i drive a 96 gsr sedan. shes got some goodies done to her with some new ones comin soon. i also belong to team-integra and honda-tech. so heres some pics of what she looks like.

and here she is in winter mode with the cf hood.

dont hate on her too much.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:28 AM
gumbylude

pretty nice, what kind of suspension you on
Old 02-17-2005, 11:31 AM
danteisme

Originally Posted by gumbylude
pretty nice, what kind of suspension you on

tanabe springs(1.5 front and 1.3 rear, looks a little lower than that tho) and stock shocks until spring
Old 02-17-2005, 12:42 PM
AcuraImport

hi there i'm new kinda new here too... just thought i'd pop in say waz up. I'm on all-acura most of the time. Check out the link in my sig to see pics of my car.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:46 PM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wuddap, welcome to HAN, you'll like it here
Old 02-17-2005, 12:48 PM
KAUAI KANE
91' Toyota Supra

Location: Iwakuni, Japan. And where ever the Marine Corps sends me

car looks good but can i make a suggestion? use a cleaner wax because there's all those swirls there. what i'd suggest doing is stripping your car completely of wax using meguiars body scrub then reapplying wax after that and some sealer choice of wax is your choice because there is alot out there that are equally good :cheers:
Old 02-17-2005, 01:05 PM
hj788

yeah it looks like the paint could use some TLC. Or if you really want to get it looking good... Wash it with a good car wash soap with a good mitt. only dry with a good microfiber waffle weave towel. Get a clay bar kit. Clay magic is good, about $15. This will remove all the dirt and particles embedded in your clear that cannot be removed by washing. Get a polish/swirl remover. meguiars #83 by machine or something like scratchX by hand. Then use a wax or sealant. Don't touch your car with anything but high quality microfiber or you'll just make it worse. You can get it pretty much flawless if you do it right. Email me if you want some good links.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:16 PM
danteisme

thanks for the welcome...yeah the paint def. needs some TLC. i tried followin a couple step by step detailing but it turned out like crap the first time... i was with a wash mit, dry with a chamois then wipe the rest with a terry towel, used clay bar, havent used meguiars 83 yet. what wax or sealant do you reccomend?
Old 02-17-2005, 03:04 PM
teg92
WHAT OK YEAH!

:wavey: welcome to HAN your car looks nice :goodjob:
Old 02-17-2005, 05:21 PM
hj788

I'd stay away from the terry cloth. Those can really leave some swirl marks, which show up prominently on dark cars. www.autopia-carcare.com sells really good products you aren't going to find at a place like autozone. I would get a good drying towel and buffing towels from there. They have some awesome how-to articles too. Wash and clay again...that will get the paint clean for a polish. Wax or sealant isn't going to do anything for swirl marks (other than hide them a little)...to get rid of those you'll have to use something with some abrasiveness like meg's #83, which really should only be applied by machine (a porter cable polisher is about $140). The Sonus SFX-2 can be used by hand and should work pretty well. Using a polish isn't something you'd want to do very often as it actually will remove a little of the clear to remove those swirls. I'd try a hand polish like the Sonus or ScratchX after the clay. That should help remove some swirls and oxidization and isn't too abrasive. I really like Meguiars NXT for a wax because it really does a good job of filling and hiding the swirl marks that remain. I'd keep applying NXT once a month. It buffs off so easy so you can wax your car in no time. If you have harsh winters and it's a b*tch to get out and do anything with your car, use Klasse Sealant Glaze instead of a wax. Apply really thin, let sit for at least 1 hour and buff off. Wait a week for the next coat. Put 2 or 3 coats on it..this stuff is really durable and long lasting compared to a wax. It will keep your paint protected for many months during a harsh winter..