Thread: Type R LSD Install?

Type R LSD Install?

UI have a 95 gsr with y80 tranny (stock on gsr's) and i know the lsd off the type r's will fit. Has anyone installed an lsd before? what do i have to look for? I have bearings on the lsd and the tranny out. Is this a bolt out old diff bolt in new diff procedure? Any tolerances or measuing?

It will fit. If you aren't experienced with transmission work, don't attempt it yourself.
    2015 Ford Mustang GT Fastback - Ingot Silver - 6M - Performance Package - Gibson Catback
    Team B.O.B. - Ballaz on a Budget

i have heard that the y80 transmission will not allow for an ITR LSD. s80 trannies (used the most in the integras) have the proper clearance.
    My sig was deleted?

Quote Originally Posted by LT69Padawan6
    i have heard that the y80 transmission will not allow for an ITR LSD. s80 trannies (used the most in the integras) have the proper clearance.
    Shouldn't the GSR be the same size as the ITR? I know the LS is different...
    2015 Ford Mustang GT Fastback - Ingot Silver - 6M - Performance Package - Gibson Catback

my 94 LS came with a Y80 case. my friends 95 SE came with an S80 case, my GSR transmission is S80, the ITR is S80.

we did a poll on TI, and of those that responded (4 pages long) i was the only one with a Y80. plus i read somewhere else about it (can't find it right now).
    My sig was deleted?

I believe my LS is an S80 case as well. Is there a size difference between the S80/Y80 tranny where the diff would go? I know that internally the GSR and LS are different, but the GSR and ITR are the same...as far as the diff size goes.

let me dig up the info...

the thread on TI its a mystery still
    My sig was deleted?

ummm...I am 100% postive the Type R LSD fits the GSR tranny's (Y80's), they have the same final drive ratio of 4.40 between the two trannies (type r and gsr).

I just need to know are there any clearances I need to measure? has anyone done it themselves? My friend who just graduated a auto tech school said once the tranny is out its a 2 hour job maximum, unbolt the diff, bolt in the new lsd.

Honda-Acura
    Honda S2000

Honda-Acura