Notices

My First Gripe

Old 11-24-2004, 08:23 PM
Power6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My First Gripe

I'm loving the '01 GSR I bought. I'm coming most recently from an '88 Mazda MX-6 GT so I'm comparing the driving experience to that. I'm mouring the loss of 200lb-ft of torque but the smooth GSR more than makes up for that in every other way.

Except for one...I'm having trouble getting the key in the ignition switch at night. Apparently the previous owner had the same problem as evidenced by the scratches in the plastic around the ignition key switch.

Now almost every other car made in the last few years that I have driven has some sort of illuminated entry. And my MX-6 at least had a little light over the key switch that came on until you started the car. Not to mention fade-to-off interior lights...16 YEARS AGO!!! I know the Integra hit the streets in '94 but still...

The lack of keyless entry is easy enough to remedy, but unless the OEM security system(currently in a box in my living room) has illuminated entry it might be a little tougher to fix this one.

-Andrew
Old 11-24-2004, 11:36 PM
redGSRguy

Don't close your door until you have the key in the ignition. I'm sure you'll get used to where the hole soon.
Old 11-25-2004, 07:05 AM
WeepingGelatin

give the wheel a good jiggle
Old 11-25-2004, 08:20 AM
Mart_it
***** God

Originally Posted by redGSRguy
I'm sure you'll get used to where the hole soon.
lol!
Old 11-25-2004, 08:48 AM
MahoneyL80
I want 2 B cool like u!

you must be a new driver period if its hard for you to find the keyhole in any car that doesnt have illuminated keyholes...ive only been driving since 95 and i dont have a problem driving any car without an illuminated keyhole...honestly i think illuminated keyholes look tacky...big clear ring around your keyhole...looks cheap
Old 11-25-2004, 09:33 AM
LT
The deer had to die!

you'll soon get used to it - i can put the key in the ignition in the dark w/ my eyes closed.
Old 11-25-2004, 11:56 AM
slater442w30
Honda newbie

Just put some hair around that sonofabitch, I have no problem finding small holes in the dark when there is hair around it, just a thought, hope this helps
Old 11-25-2004, 11:59 AM
MahoneyL80
I want 2 B cool like u!

Originally Posted by slater442w30
Just put some hair around that sonofabitch, I have no problem finding small holes in the dark when there is hair around it, just a thought, hope this helps
....i dont know about you but where im from the girlies all shave
Old 11-25-2004, 06:34 PM
Power6

you must be a new driver period if its hard for you to find the keyhole in any car that doesnt have illuminated keyholes...
HaHa yeah I must've missed that day in Driver's ed. Well I guess if you're claiming you've never missed the hole before what can I say, if only I could be more like you. The guy who sold me the car must be a real winner, from the scratces it looks like he never found the hole on the first time, I feel bad for his wife!

honestly i think illuminated keyholes look tacky...big clear ring around your keyhole...looks cheap
Yeah Mazda has you covered, the light is above the hole, you don't even know it's there. Gotta love good aesthetics around the hole!

Don't close your door until you have the key in the ignition. I'm sure you'll get used to where the hole soon.
That's what I've been doing. I'm sure I'll learn to find the hole soon enough.

-Andrew
Old 11-25-2004, 06:55 PM
MahoneyL80
I want 2 B cool like u!

Originally Posted by Power6
HaHa yeah I must've missed that day in Driver's ed. Well I guess if you're claiming you've never missed the hole before what can I say, if only I could be more like you. The guy who sold me the car must be a real winner, from the scratces it looks like he never found the hole on the first time, I feel bad for his wife!
lol im not saying ive never missed a keyhole before....but the way you explained it...sounded like its almost impossible for you and the previous driver to find keyholes lol