Notices

O2 sensor removal

Old 11-14-2004, 02:44 PM
krusty990

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 sensor removal

I will be dropping the B18C into my '97 HB in the spring. time to bone up on the electronics. I live in an area that has no emission testing ( eat your heart out Calif. ) therefore the CAT is useless. How do I eliminate the second O2 sensor, or should I install a "test pipe" with a fitting to accept the O2 sensor . What are my options? OBD2 all the way. I look forward to any and all sugestions.
Old 11-14-2004, 09:26 PM
niterida

If I were you I would get a high performace cat from random technologies. it won't really cost you any performace. If you do take the o2 sensor out the computer will give you all sorts of trouble. And if you just get a test pipe you will have a check engine light for the rest of the life of the car. The computer expects 2 different signals from each of the sensors. otherwise it freaks out. So just use a high performance cat.
but that is just what I would do.
Old 11-15-2004, 04:04 AM
BudMan
aka - dnfjeff

If you get the random technology cat - pull off the heat shield. It will rattle loose & drive you nuts in about 6 months.

I've had 4 replacements from them between that & the fact that the damn thing will start throwing the 'cat code 67' in about 6 months too. (The car has been tuned on both a dynojet and mustang dyno so I'm not throwing extra fuel in there.)