Notices

gauges

Old 11-10-2004, 01:28 PM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default gauges

I have a '94 GSR and I seem to have a haze or dirty spots on my plastic cover in front of the gauges. It seems to be mostly on the inside of the cover. I tried wiping off the outside of it the other day but that just made it worse...What do I need to do to get to where i can take the plastic cover completely off to clean it or get a new one? Thanks for any help.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:20 PM
aboobybobpleez
Certified Rice-Rocket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first you have to take the bolts out of the top of the gauge trim piece then remove it (try a few times if you dont get it, mine was tough) then there are three screws you have to remove..then disconnect the wiring then you should be able to pop off the front cover and do what you need to do
Old 11-11-2004, 09:40 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Remove the plastic shield with a philipps. Undo the actual cluster that is secured w/screws to the left and right, pull the cluster forward and undo the plugs so you can get the whole thing out of there. The plastic shield is held on by clips, kind of like a hook and grab type latch. Where you have to push down on the otherside and push to get it out. It takes a little finesse, but with 2 small flat heads you should be able to depress all the clips and get the plastic glass off.
Old 11-12-2004, 01:13 AM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, I will try that out and see if I have any luck with cleaning it up. Thanks.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:52 AM
brothalynchhung

Probably armorall or whatever that crap is.. mine did the same thing when i had it detailed