Notices

Should i get this B18C5 head?

Old 11-01-2004, 03:32 PM
ODUB
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should i get this B18C5 head?

this is the head i plan to order for my 94 integra LS/VTEC swap in a couple days....do you guys think this is a good setup? I'm also ordering type R pistons and rods...also, why do u think there is one CTR cam and one ITR cam? is there some performance benefit to that? lemme know what u guys think.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true
Old 11-01-2004, 03:38 PM
j87w

What type are pistons are you ordering Integra or Civic and also If its an integra are they usdm or jdm pistons? You can use ctr pistons but they would yield a pretty high compression ratio. I dont know if you could get away with using those pistons on pump gas. If memory is correct you cant use a ctr cam and possibly even an itr cam in a stock ls bottom end. Because the valve reliefs arnt deep enough for the lift of the ctr and possibly itr cam. I could be wrong but im pretty sure thats correct. In my opinion I would rather spend my money on a stock b16a or gsr head off ebay for like 500 or 600 bucks at the most. You save yourself about 1200 bucks to put into your ls vtec setup or have your head built. Its all up to you. But I wouldnt buy that head. The only way I would get it is if I had alot of extra cash which I dont. Just my .02
Old 11-01-2004, 03:46 PM
ODUB
Banned

so you dont think all the parts it comes with are worth the price? all the parts are brand new, in the box JDM...pistons are JDM integra TYPE R...the main reason i liked the setup is because it's all brand new from an integra TYPE R...and for the price, and all the parts it comes with, you can't beat it...i thought about a used B16 head, but this setup seems like it would yield alot more power...and i only want to have to do this once...im building this car from the ground up...HID jdm front and rear end, jdm rear hatch, ITR wing, ITR wheels, full JDM ITR interior (guages, seats, carpet, center console, boot, knob), ITR power mirrors, possibly 5 lug conversion...i basically want my own TYPE R...and what kind of gas do u think i'd have to run with jdm ITR pistons and rods? if premium will work, that's fine because i have my accord as the daily driver so i wouldn't use this one enough for gas to be big factor...although like anybody else, i'd like to use regular if i can
Old 11-01-2004, 03:57 PM
dubcac
I

I hope you're getting an ITR/GSR crank to go with those rods. As for that head, it's a lot to spend...and it's not assembled, so you'll have to pay someone to do it. You could get a ported & built GSR head for a lot cheaper than that, and it would make more power. If you're buying parts because they are from a Type R, you're buying parts for the wrong reasons.
Old 11-01-2004, 03:57 PM
j87w

I looked at it again and it seems to be a good deal if you got the money. It has the better valve springs, retainers, cams, port and polished, valves, lost motion assemblys. There may be some other stuff thats better than a stock b16a head but off the top of my head thats all the stuff. Its better if you got the money. If your short on money I would go with a stock b16a or gsr head.
Old 11-01-2004, 04:03 PM
ODUB
Banned

well i've got the money...i just wanna make sure that's the best stuff before i get it...and if i get TYPE R pistons and rods, i'm gonna need a TYPE R crank too?
Old 11-01-2004, 04:09 PM
j87w

Ya I was gonna start another thread for it. But at idle its fine. But say I hold it at about 2000 rpms it idles from like 2000-1700 just like back and forth just wonders. Im holding the throttle totally still to.
Old 11-01-2004, 04:10 PM
j87w

Oh my bad sorry I replied to the wrong thread. Sorry bout that
Old 11-01-2004, 04:14 PM
dubcac
I

Originally Posted by ODUB
well i've got the money...i just wanna make sure that's the best stuff before i get it...and if i get TYPE R pistons and rods, i'm gonna need a TYPE R crank too?
Or GSR. The ITR and GSR have the same stroke, the LS has a longer stroke and thus uses shorter rods. Just because it comes from a Type R, doesn't mean it's the best stuff.
Old 11-01-2004, 04:16 PM
ODUB
Banned

Originally Posted by ODUB

?