Notices

Think theres a difference in brands?

Old 10-31-2004, 08:00 PM
Acuralover2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Think theres a difference in brands?

I bought a EBAY Intake System for $17, After that My car had a crappy idle and sometimes stalled (due to leak in hoseline from intake system). Now I said screw it, And wen't out and bought a AEM Short Ram Induction System for $89 and everything seemed like it fit perfectly as if it was mean't specificly for my car. I also noticed when hooking the tube up to the area of where it connects to the throttle body it fit perfectly, instead of that crappy rubber sleave that was wider on one end to fit over the throttle body. anyways the whole point of this post was to tell you peoples out there that AEM is worth the $$$.
Old 10-31-2004, 08:13 PM
j87w

True. I got the AEM CAI. On my CRX I had the ebay stuff. AEM seems to be a lot higher quality and alot better fitment.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:17 AM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

I bought an AEM too, worth every penny. I live in Cali. and needed that carb approval, plus it fit perfectly. I had an EBAY cai and once and it took me about 3hrs. to install. No directions, in 3 pieces and no matter how I arranged them it was not bending right to route properly. To top it off the piping was smaller.