Notices

What kind of strut bar wont rub?

Old 10-27-2004, 10:06 AM
Importbuyer
Want to buy a lude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What kind of strut bar wont rub?

When i bought my 92 integra rs,it already had a strut bar on the front...whoever put it on,didnt bold it on all the way,and it was rubbing on a piece that attaches to the intake...rubbing badly...

What kind of strut bar would have the clearance to make it over that piece,i will take pictures if i need to...

In an old listing for megan racing strut tower bars,it had said that it has better clearance,are these megan racing bars any good? here's a current listing for front and back: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33591

Please let me know.
Also,there is a 4 piece set that includes the front and rear tie bars for about 20 bucks more,is it worth it? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33591
Old 10-27-2004, 10:13 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" and $70 for all 4 sounds a little on the low side of things. If you could take a picture of your engine so we could see that would help a great deal. I have never heard a strut bar rubbing the intake. What bar do you have???
Old 10-27-2004, 10:37 AM
Importbuyer
Want to buy a lude

Default i see but...

yea,70 dollars is a lil low,i agree,but there are a few factors...first is,there are no strut tower bars for much more,megan racing is a name brand that i have heard of before,and the prices must be competitive....with time and compitition,all prices drop....

Also,its 70 bucks+like 45 bucks shipping...shipping should only actually cost about 10-15 bucks,so he is pretty much charging 100 bucks for it...

Anyways,i just took a few pics to show what im talking about,whats its rubbing on,i dont know where the old strut bar is,but it was a no-name piece of generic crap anyways....look at the pics,and if you can tell me what the hell that thing is called,id be appreciative
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
close up rubbing results.jpg (94.2 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg
where it rubs.jpg (124.1 KB, 52 views)
Old 10-27-2004, 10:39 AM
Importbuyer
Want to buy a lude

as you can see,its not rubbing the actual intake,its rubbing that thing thats mounted to it...
Dont know what that thing is called,just want to know what struts will have clearance to get over that.
Old 10-27-2004, 08:19 PM
Importbuyer
Want to buy a lude

All these car gurus,and no one has an answer for me?i mean damn,i know 90% of the people who buy this car at LEAST gets the strut tower bar...let me know PLEASE,i dont wanna get stuck buying another one thats gonna have same problem...
Old 10-27-2004, 08:45 PM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Originally Posted by Importbuyer
All these car gurus,and no one has an answer for me?i mean damn,i know 90% of the people who buy this car at LEAST gets the strut tower bar...let me know PLEASE,i dont wanna get stuck buying another one thats gonna have same problem...
Sorry...been watching the Sox win the World Series tonight! :blue:

I would think a Neuspeed bar should clear it. They are a good quality bar.
Old 10-27-2004, 08:48 PM
Importbuyer
Want to buy a lude

ok,now how about the megan racing bars,anyone heard of those?my friend has been raving that its the best hes ever had,but he doesnt have the thing that it rubs on like my car does..i need to know if it will make the clearance before i go and waste any money...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33591
If you happen to know somthing about this,or where i can find out,let me know PLEASE
Old 10-31-2004, 05:08 AM
Importbuyer
Want to buy a lude

still waiting on an answer...why do so many threads die without an answer?
Old 10-31-2004, 05:16 AM
teg92
WHAT OK YEAH!

Ebay strut bars :down:
Old 10-31-2004, 05:54 AM
eac9881

I use to had the same problem on my 92 integra. So i change it to Neuspeed bar it cost little bit high but it worth it. But u need to work on a angle to try to put it on or jack up one side of the car it will be easy to put in