Notices

vacuum hose?

Old 10-27-2004, 12:08 AM
PuNKinsaniTY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vacuum hose?

hello, i just pruchased an integra. it is a 99 gsr and i was told the vacuum hoses needed to be replaced. where exactly is the vacuum hoses? is it the black hoses on top of the intake manifold see u see when u open up the hood? or is it somewhere else? i just dont want to screw it up by taking off a coolant hose or something worse. thank you much
Old 10-27-2004, 06:50 AM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The vacuum hoses are the smallest rubber hoses, like 5mm diameter. There's a few of them running all over. For a few cents per foot at AutoZones, you can get a whole bunch of it.

Only take off one hose at a time, so you don't get confused where each one goes. Gasoline & coolant hoses have clamps on them, so just remove the ones that are only stuck onto their nipples.

The hose that actually connects to the valve cover has clamps, but it's only air. Other vacuum hoses are smaller. If you see any other hose that looks bad (cracked, rotted) take a picture & ask us...
Old 10-27-2004, 08:34 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The GSR can be kind of a PITA with the vacuum hoses because there are a bunch that run to the canister underneath the intake mani. I don't have a really good pic with the OEM manifold that I can show you otherwise I'd post it up. Try looking on www.acuraautomotivepars.org for a good diagram.

hih
Old 10-27-2004, 11:50 AM
newgsrdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why do you think your vacuum hoses need to be replaced? Are you experiencing an odd idle?