Notices

PCV Valve on 1998 GSR

Old 12-23-2006, 08:09 PM
kukusz
4DR 1998 GSR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCV Valve on 1998 GSR

While I was doing some seafoaming for the first time today, I realize I had no idea what the hell I was doing. After reading a decent amount of posts and disconnecting lots of hoses, I still was pretty clueless as to whether I was actually anywhere near the PCV valve/hose.

I'm hoping this helps some people in the future since finding the PCV valve was not the easiest thing to do.

Here is ny engine bay, not very sexy, however when looking for the PCV, it helps to get this nice pic of where to start off. You see the big yellow tube? You'll use this as a reference for future pictures. The PCV is nicely hidden under this tube.

The next picture has an arrow pointing to the general location of the PCV, although it is still hidden in this view.

Ok, hopefully now that you have some reference, this picture will be not so out of nowhere. The red elbow is the PCV valve, it's connected to a black box. Pulling this out is rather easy, and this is where I hooked up an additional hose so I could run some seafoam into the valve. The yellow tube in the pic is the same one as before.

Hopefully this will help some noobs like me find the PCV valve.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSCN0663.jpg (28.7 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpeg
DSCN0665.jpeg (34.2 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg
DSCN0669.jpg (26.3 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by kukusz; 12-23-2006 at 08:13 PM.