Notices

Apex Ws 2 ?

Old 03-30-2015, 11:21 AM
gingas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apex Ws 2 ?

Hey, how's everyone doing these days. Hopefully great & healthy. Yes, I do have a question though. I have a 98 Gsr with a Ws 2 cat back. Now my car garaged kept sat a year. I'm about to get my car back on the road this week. Had car running getting battery charged. I've notice a very small hole on the piping. It's the piping from convertor to the muffler. Could I have a shopweld that tiny hole. My exhaust not even 4 years old. Also my car is still stock height which can't figure how the hole happened.

Thankyou,
Old 04-07-2015, 10:03 AM
gingas

Anyone have suggestion or worse case look for another pipe that goes from the exhaust to the cat. Also are all the apex ws 1 & 2 piping the same minus the tip of the exhaust. I appreciate any advice .One last thing would I lose any performance with this small hole in the piping.

Thanks
Old 04-09-2015, 03:18 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

I had a WS2 on mine back in the day. The tubing is mild steel and it should be easy to patch assuming the surrounding metal is in good shape.

You could also use a repair kit like this: http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...2334&ppt=C0022

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 04-11-2015, 03:08 PM
Spec R

hey man, like dave said, apex piping is coated mild steel. any muffler shop should plug that hole up for u.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:28 PM
gingas

Thanks Dave & Spec R. My car is in the shock as we speak.Getting my rotors, pads & driver hub w bearing installed. The shop said they can patch the hole up. I stopped by the shop today to see when they'll be finished. Tommorrow they'll be done.
The shop noticed my rack leaking and head leaking some. They said looks like head gasket. What parts do you typically have to replace when doing head gasket.I have 218K. I jsut wanna try get that done soon before head gasket goes.Another question shop said was they recommend a allignment when getting hub & wheel bearing reaplaced. I don't think allignment needed for replacing a hub/wheel bearing. It's a good shop though
Old 04-13-2015, 06:34 PM
gingas

I forgot 1 thing. Where would you recommend getting another rack from? Autozone,Pepboys or dealer which I know will be expensive. Shop said they'll replace my rack for $400 if I bring my parts. Is that a fair price. They said an allignment needed when changing the rack. Is a 98 ITR & 98 Gsr rack the same .Just curious