Thread: unsure about bushing

unsure about bushing

i removed the bushing for my rear LCA (as some of you might have read, i broke the bolt that holds the strut in)

the bushing came out easy cuz of the way that i cut the strut bracket, i was able to use the nut that is welded onto the the strut and torque it til the rubber tore... then i used pliers to tear the rest of the big stuff out and a torch/razor blade to clean the rest out.

NOW, my questions is.... is there a metal sleeve that goes all the way around this stuff and is directly against the LCA or is that just a lip? i dont wanna hammer away at this and find out that its just a groove machined into the LCA... hopefully some of you know what im talking about cuz taking a pic wont be very effective.

thanks!
    sell me your sol.

yes that is a metal sleeve...hacksaw through it to take out tension than bang it out
    SPWC Member #00001
    Quote Originally Posted by Tark
    i would eat a donkey Vagina
    Quote Originally Posted by e3NiNe
    - while you're tagging her from behind ... eat a cheeseburger. Put extra onions on it and blow into her holes.

thought so cuz it seemed deeper on one side than the other.... i guess thats more stuff i have to do tomorrow... hopefully i have my car driveable tomorrow before i sleep.

thanks!
    sell me your sol.

i took that sleeve out last nite before i went to bed... it game out pretty easily... i used some pb blaster and some heat... also hacked a groove into it but not all the way through. a few good hits with a hammer and it came out... took me about 20 minutes.

now im waiting patiently for the honda dealership to call me and let me know that the new bushing is in
    sell me your sol.

Honda-Acura
    Honda S2000

Honda-Acura