Notices

NeWbIe Questions

Old 07-22-2003, 10:19 AM
ITR NeWbIe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey people

I just picked up an ITR this week, and I have a couple of newbie questions. It's a 97 so here me out.

What do the JDM amber side markers look like? I've seen flat ones and one with a bump?

How is a real JDM titanium shift knob shaped? The 97 has that cruddy leather one, and I don't wanna get ripped off looking for the newer one.

Will 98-01 amber bumper lights fit the 97 bumper?

Sorry for the newbie questions but i couldnt find the answers to these anywhere. Please send me itr links too. Its hard to find good dc2 links with the rsx around.
Old 07-22-2003, 10:28 AM
Dave-ROR

Originally Posted by ITR NeWbIe
Hey people

I just picked up an ITR this week, and I have a couple of newbie questions. It's a 97 so here me out.
97s own.

[quote:efdcceebf1]
What do the JDM amber side markers look like? I've seen flat ones and one with a bump?[/quote:efdcceebf1]

dunno. not a JDM whore so I'll let others answer. They look ugly imo though.

[quote:efdcceebf1]How is a real JDM titanium shift knob shaped? The 97 has that cruddy leather one, and I don't wanna get ripped off looking for the newer one.[/quote:efdcceebf1]

It's Ti coated IIRC. It's the same as a 00-01 USDM ITR Knob isn't it? It's a nice knob. I actually went back to a stock leather knob over the Mugen I had (which is for sale on eBay tonight :P )

[quote:efdcceebf1]Will 98-01 amber bumper lights fit the 97 bumper?[/quote:efdcceebf1]

No.
Old 07-22-2003, 12:10 PM
kabob

The JDM knob looks identical to the USDM knob but was made out of titanium instead of a satin-finish aluminum like USDM. They cost a pretty penny, too. Last time I priced one it was like $150. The amber JDM side markers are small rectangles... I don't understand the question?
Old 07-22-2003, 12:12 PM
fredtoast

Congratulations and welcome to the club. Tell us more about your new ride.

Originally Posted by ITR NeWbIe
Please send me itr links too. Its hard to find good dc2 links with the rsx around.
Honda-tech.com has a nice ITR forum. There are a lot of smart people there, but they can get a little bitchy at times. They also have a huge classifieds section.
Old 07-22-2003, 04:03 PM
ITR NeWbIe

While i was looking for jdm side markers i saw two different ones that were "JDM"... here's the two i've seen, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33715 or http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33715 So i'm trying to figure out which is the real deal.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:12 PM
kabob

Dude, that 2nd link you provided, the guy says it came out of a '92 Integra. Ours are the '94-'01 model (DC2) :lol:
Old 07-23-2003, 02:00 AM
ITR NeWbIe

oops... missed that. Thanks