Notices

Help!First Ticket!

Old 07-21-2003, 11:30 AM
T-R00
Kwik R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was driving the R on W-68 toward WV. I was goin a little fast up hill. Right when i hit the top, I got Clocked at 97 mph on a 65. I can pay for the $275 ticket, but im stressing on my insurance and im here to ask how i can get away with it. I was think or tryin to find out if i can set back the speedometer. Let me kno of your ideas.
Thanks!
Old 07-21-2003, 01:03 PM
fredtoast

Appear in court and talk to the officer. He may not appear. If he does then he may agree to reduce the ticket to a lower speed.

There used to be a guy here who sold a book on how to beat tickets. I think it was called "Case Dismissed". The ad for it sounded a little too good to be true. I'm an attorney, and I don't know about any foolproof way to get a speeding ticket dismissed. But I think the book came with some kind of money back guarantee, so you might want to give it a try.
Old 07-21-2003, 01:48 PM
Dave-ROR

Originally Posted by T-R00
I was driving the R on W-68 toward WV. I was goin a little fast up hill. Right when i hit the top, I got Clocked at 97 mph on a 65. I can pay for the $275 ticket, but im stressing on my insurance and im here to ask how i can get away with it. I was think or tryin to find out if i can set back the speedometer. Let me kno of your ideas.
Thanks!
set back the speddo? so it says 65 when you are doing 97? if that's what you meant then I can only assume you are trying to look like a fool in front of the judge. I mean, who in the hell would think 97 feels like 65.. not to mention passing those doing 65 with over 30mph passing speed.. yeah that wouldn't be obvious that it was off or anything.

Go to court, tell the judge you fucked up and learned your lesson, blah blah blah. If you still get the ticket they may force you to go to a defensive driving school which will keep the points off your license anyways (and therefore insurance rates wont go up).

If you're lucky the cop wont show up to court and it'll get dismissed.

BTW, did you admit that you were speeding to the cop? or did you lie and say you were going slower or said you weren't paying attention? You can get out of most tickets if you are polite to the cop and tell the complete truth. Out of all the times I've been pulled for speeding (even when I was 17, 79 in a 45) I was only given one speeding ticket to date, and that was pretty recent. All the other times (including the 79 in a 45, which I said "I was driving like an idiot. I was going around 80" when he asked if I knew why he pulled me over) I've been given stupid tickets, like no proof of insurance or just warnings. No points and $5 for those proof of insurance ones.
Old 07-21-2003, 01:48 PM
kabob

Get a lawyer and a good one can usually get a ticket dismissed w/ deferred adjudication which always carries a lighter fine than pleading no contest or guilty to a traffic violation.
Old 07-21-2003, 04:42 PM
T-R00
Kwik R

97 mph doesnt seem fast at all. I was just thinking about setting it back a few, not to the exact speed so my fine can be lowered. and I've already took a class for my first ticket on the BEATER.
THANKS FOR THE REPLIES!
Old 07-21-2003, 07:10 PM
jdm cw type r

dude if the cop clocked you at 97 then thier is nothing you can really do as far as getting around the ticket.take it to court and they will lower the fine and as for the insurance if it is your first ticket they might let it slide.good luck!!!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2003, 10:48 AM
typer483

I heard of a great way to not getting points on you insurance.
If you send the amount of the ticket plus an extra five dollars they have to send you a check back for 5 bucks. Don't cash the check!!!!
The points will not transfer until all transactions are complete. Eventually it will get tied up in the system and if eventually they ask why you didn't cash the check tell em, It's only five bucks. don't tell too many peeps about this because I heard it works like a charm!!1
I'm going to court tonight for running a yellow light BULLSHIT cops with nothing better to do then harass bad ass Type Rs because they don't have one!! :twisted:
Old 07-22-2003, 12:39 PM
kabob

Yeah, that's it. Cops are soooo jealous of our little Hondas :roll:

Don't be such an ingrate, if it wasn't for the cops, we'd be Afghanistan or Iraq.
Old 07-22-2003, 04:59 PM
T-R00
Kwik R

Hey THANKS for the TIPS GUYS!
Old 07-23-2003, 02:35 PM
40calpal

Hey when i was 17 or 18 i got pulled over going 92 in a 55. I went to court and they told me i couldn't take Defensive Driving so i just paid the ticket. They didn't give me the option of DJ. Mine was like $215 or 230 something like that. I knew it was gonna appear on my record which i was affraid to see but it didn't come into effect until the following year. I got the ticket mid January. So i saved some extra money to pay the insurance.