Notices

Shaved Emblems and JDM conversions

Old 07-19-2003, 07:12 PM
40calpal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may just be a foggie but i don't see the point of shaving off the front and back red Acura emblems. I think it makes the car look worse (no offense to those to have there's off :lol: ) but thats just my opinion. Also with the JDM conversion which i think are really hideous. The only reason i mention is that i've seen them more common lately. Does anyone agree or is this just me?
Old 07-19-2003, 07:36 PM
Jinx

IMO, dose without the acura emblems don look that nice, n a red honda emblem would look even better :wink:
Old 07-20-2003, 12:23 PM
kabob

While I agree that the shaved emblems look makes the car look too plain and well.. odd... but the JDM front-end conversion is much, much better looking IMO than the stock dual nostril look.

Now the perfect ITR has a JDM headlight, hood and fender conversion with a complete C-West body kit :shock:
Old 07-22-2003, 09:41 AM
typer483

The only thing I don't like about the yellow Type R is the red badges and stickers, they are sooo played out by every kid that owns a civic. I took mine off and put charcoal grey A's. I don't like the McDonalds scheme.The only thing that should be red is the valve cover to showem what's up.
Old 07-22-2003, 07:17 PM
b18c5 dc2

Originally Posted by typer483
The only thing I don't like about the yellow Type R is the red badges and stickers, they are sooo played out by every kid that owns a civic. I took mine off and put charcoal grey A's. I don't like the McDonalds scheme.The only thing that should be red is the valve cover to showem what's up.
how is the stock look of a car "played out"?
charcoal grey A's on a yellow r? may not be played out, but it sounds Godawful ugly...
Old 07-22-2003, 08:17 PM
BLKITR

If it performs like a Type R should, I don't care if the owner makes it primer gray, shaves the red emblems, and spray paints "Type Ahrrrr" across the hood. As long as it does hurt the performance characteristics, it's all good; in my humble opinion. Handling and speed above all else.

Personally, I prefer the stock USDM look but that just me. As the old saying goes, "...to each their own."