Notices

what kinda axleback exhaust for type r

Old 07-16-2003, 09:58 AM
type_r_556

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what kind of axle back exhaust do they have for the type r that is good, the exhaust style i really want is the apex n1 that slants out the rear at an angle, i'd be even more thrilled if there was an iodized tip, but do you know where i can find them, and what kind there are? thanks
Old 07-16-2003, 12:10 PM
Opie

Apexi makes a cat back N1 and also universal N1 style mufflers. The cat back system sounds and looks good. It is pretty loud however. I'm looking into one as well. The system has almost no bends in it so it frees up a lot of air, beware you might lose some low end power, especially with a jdm header. A friend of mine has that setup in his ITR(jdm header, test pipe, N1 cat back) it made a huge difference in his top end power. He did notice a less in low end torque though. The system also curves really close to the ground just before it exits out the back, be carefull if your car is lowered it WILL scrape.
Old 07-16-2003, 01:50 PM
type_r_556

okay a lil more clear on my question, AXLEBACK, i don't want a catback, and i know the effects of an exhaust so i don't need a lesson in what an exhaust does, it's old news, i just don't konw if there is a n1 style AXLE BACK exhaust for the type r, thanks opie112 for the input.
Old 07-16-2003, 02:28 PM
Champ R

Spoon makes 2 types of axlebacks, the N1 and street muffler, and Comptech also has an axleback that sounds nice. I think T1R may also have a muffler that bolts up to the stock b-pipe.
Old 07-16-2003, 05:12 PM
kabob

Hey, let me know when you get your aftermarket axleback. My stock axleback exhaust was stolen and I need to replace it in the event I ever sell my catback or sell the car and need to return to stock.
Old 07-20-2003, 03:11 PM
VtecWhore

just like champ R said the spoon one is really nice but very expesive. its like 550 just for the axle back but hey its SPOON! :lol: