Notices

SYNCHROS??

Old 03-21-2003, 09:01 AM
ChiNoS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So if its my synchros, how much to get them replaced. I was thinking of a mugen shortshifter, would that help??
Old 03-21-2003, 12:51 PM
Erik B

I'm lost...re-read your question and clear it up a little please.
Old 03-21-2003, 01:15 PM
ChiNoS

sorry bro this was off of the old topic I had about the unorthodox pullies.
Old 03-22-2003, 03:42 PM
Jan Niemi

I am trying to understand your situation. You said it misses in vtec, do you mean you can't get it in gear in vtec? Or , is it grinding when shifting in vtec. If you are having synchro problems, change the fluid, and use Honda brand fluid (about 3 quarts) It may help if you have 10w30 in the transmission now. Also, make sure the clutch is fully disengaged when shifting. A short shifter has nothing to do with synchros grinding, I like the stock shifter, I missed more gears with a short shifter than stock, I run the stock shifter now.
Old 03-22-2003, 11:55 PM
Aj

On top of that, Mugen doesn't make a short shifter.....

And if it is syncros, I hope you have a warranty, becuase in labor they're gonna want almost a grand on top of parts, so you may wanna sit down when they give you an estimate.

Later,
Aj
Old 03-24-2003, 05:16 AM
ChiNoS

not that dude, like its hard sometimes to put it into first and it doesnt go in as smooth and when shifting form 2nd to third, it doesnt go in sometimes wihtout a hard push, even in v-tec.
Old 03-24-2003, 07:08 AM
Aj

It could be that you have either bent a shift fork, which is really hard to do, or that your syncros are bad, the reason why it's hard to get into gear is that the teath on the syncros are all rounded off, and it doesn't want to line up. You dont hear the crunching becuase it's not sliding onto the promary gear at all. It could be a couple other things, but it sounds to me like syncros. If it were a shift fork, you wouldn't be able to get into the gear at low RPM or even if the car was off. I've only ever seen one broken shift fork, and when it gave, the whole tranny was screwed, so it's pretty unlikely.

Any way, good luck with it, what ever it turns out to be.

Later,
Aj