Notices

New ITR Owner

Old 03-18-2003, 11:05 AM
swtxaznrac3r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I just got my ITR last weekend. The question I had is the shifting for the itr. I can't seem to figure out how to get max acceleration out of my car. I tried a few different things, but i am not timing myself so i wouldn't be able to tell for sure. I just estimate it myself. Can anyone help me out?
Old 03-18-2003, 12:47 PM
kabob

:?:

It's not difficult.. take her up to redline and do a quick gear change. You'll likely scratch gears from 1st to 2nd and probably from 2nd to 3rd but that's what happens when your revs drop so easy due to a light flywheel.

I wouldn't recommend you do any of this until you've had your car for a month or two and get used to the strange clutch engagement and learn how to slip the clutch properly.
Old 03-18-2003, 01:28 PM
Stock97ITR#50

That's cool to hear. I just got mine a few weeks ago and it still hasn't sunk in yet. Do what kabob said. Most people make the mistake of shifting too early. Be careful though b/c the shifter is probably quicker than your previous car if it was stock. If you really want a rush try this on a two-lane road. When passing a car on some rural road, try droping it into 3rd at about 65 or 70 and punch it. Upon engaging into third it will jump directly into Vtec and roar away. Throw it into fourth, look down and see you're doing 90. Now, slow down, put it back into fifth and try to wipe away that silly smile. It's a feeling like no other...
Old 03-18-2003, 01:42 PM
kabob

BTW, where in TX are you? I'm from Irving, near Dallas.. check out the Southcentral Regional Forum, there's usually something going on that some of us in the area attend or participate in
Old 03-18-2003, 09:36 PM
swtxaznrac3r

Thanks, I'm gonna try it out tom.
Old 04-06-2003, 07:37 PM
ITR862

Originally Posted by BlackeR2000
That's cool to hear. I just got mine a few weeks ago and it still hasn't sunk in yet. Do what kabob said. Most people make the mistake of shifting too early. Be careful though b/c the shifter is probably quicker than your previous car if it was stock. If you really want a rush try this on a two-lane road. When passing a car on some rural road, try droping it into 3rd at about 65 or 70 and punch it. Upon engaging into third it will jump directly into Vtec and roar away. Throw it into fourth, look down and see you're doing 90. Now, slow down, put it back into fifth and try to wipe away that silly smile. It's a feeling like no other...
WORD