Notices

Moroso Oil Pan?????

Old 03-17-2003, 07:20 AM
Aj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any one running a Moroso oil pan????

I found out that when I snapped a rod that the bearing cap flew off and put a nice size hole in the oil pan.

In any case, if you have used it, please give me any complaints or compliments about it, as I'm kinda hesitant to spend a lot of money on an oil pan?????

Also, any clearance issues?????????

Later,
Aj
Old 03-17-2003, 09:13 AM
H.I.D's

Are their parts just as bad as the track? Just curious
In any case, why don't you get a baffled oil pan, all you and I do is take on-ramps and track events heh. Is the moroso oil pan baffled?

later
-Jon
Old 03-17-2003, 12:44 PM
Aj

From what I'm hearing on Honda-tech, yeah, they are. Any way, a baffled oil pan is almost twice as much as a stock one, so I think I may just go with stock.....

Later,
Aj
Old 03-17-2003, 03:54 PM
Kali ItR

i gots a moroso oil pan.. its okay. king motorsports sells a mugen one looks like its stock and has a baffle and half the cost. my moroso pan is okay. its hangs just as low as my jdm ehx manifold. i think the only diffrence from the two is the moroso holds 5.5qts of oil and has two ports for oil return or oil temp. the mugen i think holds 4.25qts. i had a bad experince with my other pan on my b20 civic turbo, i stripped the damn pan the first day i put it on. also on the moroso pan you still need to buy a moroso pick up.another 50 smackers on top of the 400 for the pan. i suggest the mugen one i think it still uses the stock pick up and costs like $249.
Old 03-17-2003, 09:29 PM
Jan Niemi

I have had the Moroso oil pan for 2 years, I am very happy with it, it's a very trick piece, nice welds, it's baffled, so when you accelerate the oil flows back towards the pickup, then if you hit the brakes, the trap door shuts and keeps the oil at the pickup. Installation was a bit tricky, you will have to grind the girdle (type r only) support brace to make the pan fit. The secret is to run less than the pan capacity to reduce windage. Don't tell anyone!! And the price is not $400. It's more like $350 or less, make sure you talk the salesman into throwing in the oil pickup and the mounting stud kit. The only problem so far is my Z10 radius arm kit comes damn close to touching the pan, I will post if there are further problems with this issue.
Old 03-18-2003, 02:59 PM
H.I.D's

Buy a stock one, or buy the mugen or spoon one. Spoon one's like 280 or some price like that. And stop modding your car it's too fast dammit! heh
later!
-Jon
Old 03-18-2003, 09:11 PM
97 TYPE-R 312

The MUGEN is a better design than the SPOON and is $50 less. I did a side by side comparison on these. Posted in H-T are the results.

Thanks,
Victor