Notices

HELP!

Old 02-04-2004, 02:02 PM
jiahanhao

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was compressing my valvesprings today to take off my retainers, and I was almost finished, when I accidentally dropped a half of a valvespring into the hole next to the valves. It looks like an oil chamfer to me, but can someone please tell me where they go? I really don't want a piece of retainer rattling around anywhere in my block =/. Also, if this has happened to anyone else, and they have a method of retrieving the thing, let me know. Thanks...

EDIT: Ok, I figure if I drain the oil and take out my oil pan, I'll prolly find it there, if not, I guess I'll have to take everything apart... Hope to hell it's sitting in my oil pan, and comes out with the oil =/...
Old 02-05-2004, 09:31 AM
jiahanhao

FOLLOW UP: I got the keeper out of the oil pan... it was just sitting there, taunting me... 'lil bastard.

Can anyone tell me if you are supposed to adjust valve lash before or after you degree your camshafts?
Old 02-05-2004, 06:18 PM
TypeR178

Set the lash when the cams are sitting where you are going to run them. So that you account for lift of the lobe, make sense?
Old 02-05-2004, 07:37 PM
jiahanhao

Yeah, now that I think about it... Thanks =)