Thread: Clutch Chatter

Clutch Chatter

Hello,

I have noticed that whenever the car is cold i get excessive clutch chatter when starting from a stop. This happens until the car/clutch is warmed up, don't know how long ago the clutch was changed or if it has ever been but it has great grip and shows absolutly no signs of slipping. My first thought was that it might be the flywheel or pressure plate being warped a little when cold and once warm it expands to proper tolerances (similar to ur engine). My other thought would be something to do with thermal expansion again but in the clutch itself, like the springs seizing until they're warm or something.

Anyone have this problem, or have any thoughts on it?

Thanks
    97 Integra GS (leather) Stock

same

I have a 95 GSR, with only 50k miles on it, and my clutch does the exact same thing. During the morning and when my car is cold, it feels like my clutch with stall easier, and clatters a little more as im going from a start to first gear.

If a clutch is burnt out, what are the usual symptoms?

It's quite obvious when a clutch is worn out. In simplist terms, your engine revs up but you don't speed up. You would notice most when starting from a stop or under heavy acceleration.

Anyone else have this clutch chatter?

Registered User slammed91-hatch's Avatar
    i got the clutch chatter thing on my 91 civic hatch with stock si motor. does exactly what you guys are talking about, and stops when it's warm. no idea what it is. just lettin you know you're not the only people
    mods: ls swap, hasport mounts, intake, header, full exhaust, rear sedan door handles, dei alarm with remote door locks, relocated optima battery, no ps or ac, skunk2 coilovers, 17 inch rims, wings west sides, opium front, extreme rear, custom painted tails, jdm corners, 95 gsr center console, 92 teg steering wheel, 2 12" mtx 8000 subs and mtx 6500D amp, body work and paint coming soon.

Hey, thanks for the reply. I'm glad i'm not alone, maybe now we find out what causes it?

Honda-Acura
    Honda S2000

Honda-Acura