Notices

1987 Tegger

Old 01-24-2004, 07:12 PM
DaButtRacing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1987 Tegger

I'am new to this site and I've got to get some parts!!
BODY/ENGINE/ETC.
The story is I've been looking everywhere to find some parts for my 1987 3 door hatch. No one can tell me what engine I have or what other car can bolt right in. Any help is soo greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:02 PM
NIXONride
surfer

this guy does custom work....

if you like it, i'll let you in on some custom mods you can do cheap!
Old 01-24-2004, 10:46 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've attached a couple of pics at the bottom that should tell you all the basic technical stuff about your car...also a brief history lesson on the first body style integra. This was all taken from team-integra.net:

Ah, the car that started it all. Just before this car hit the streets, Honda had decided to follow the trend of re-naming their cars to attain a higher status in the shallow, image conscious U.S. Domestic Market. Hence Acura was born and a year later the Integra entered the "high-end" Honda lineup. The Integra was built from the 86 Civic platform and was advertised as Acura's "introductory" model. In fact the suspension and fuel injection system from the 86 Civic Si made it's way straight into the engine bay of this car. However the 1.6L DOHC (Dual Over-Head Cam) engine showed the Integra was going to be a step ahead of it's Civic sister in performance, and still to this day has maintained that position.

Submitted by knavekid
The 1986 Integra was introduced in April, 1986, and was only produced for half of the model year. It was the first car available in the US domestic market that came standard with a 16-valve four cylinder engine (the 1987 Nissan Pulsar NX had an optional 16V engine as a $2K option). The '86 and '87 Integra had a 113HP engine. Output increased to 118HP for '88 and '89. All '86 and '87 Integras had the 10-slot alloy wheels as standard equipment. The '86 and '87 Integras also all came with a factory service manual included.

Trim Levels

RS: Regular Series. Available in both coupe and sedan. Fully stripped down, only standard features listed are rear window defroster and a tilt steering wheel (whoo hoo!). At first it seemed Honda had not learned what it takes to put a car into a faux luxury line-up such as Acura. But the reason Acura kept the RS in it's line-up was to introduce people to the newly-created company in hopes of building a dedicated user-base for years to come. And from the looks of Acura's sales figures in future generations of the Integra, it worked like a charm. For the economical person this car was a great way to buy into a name like Acura and reap the service and warranty benefits without the price.

LS: Luxury Series. Available in both coupe and sedan. Builds upon the RS and adds standard features of cruise control, cassette player, and alloy wheels.

SE (or LS-S): Special Edition (or Luxury Series Special). Available in coupe only. From the LS, it added power windows, power door locks, and a moonroof. The SE was the most advertised model of the Integra as Acura felt the standard features displayed it's name in the best and showed what Acura was going to be all about.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
g1.jpg (68.2 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg
g1_2.jpg (47.8 KB, 24 views)
Old 01-24-2004, 11:55 PM
95tegRS

My first car was 89 teg LS. It Handled great, was a blast to drive. As for after market stuff, I had to make my own parts!. There wasnt any inakes availible for it at the time, so I made a quick trip to home depot, and used PCV pipe, and slipped on a K&N on the end of it.

I also gota local muffler shop to cusom bend me an exhaust.

other than that nothing really could be done to it. The suspension is very similar to 88-91 CRX and Civic SI. You can always swap an engine, but im sure the engine prolly costs more than the car itself. Good luck
Old 01-25-2004, 04:18 PM
SupaTeg
supa slammed

i got some taillights for an 87'.....
Old 01-25-2004, 05:37 PM
JohnQPhats
LS Master

Originally Posted by NIXONride
this guy does custom work....

if you like it, i'll let you in on some custom mods you can do cheap!
LMAO......Holy crap look at that wing! :chuckles:
Old 01-27-2004, 08:49 AM
acuragal03

wow, that old school teg is hot.....NOT. The engine code should be on the original engine. I would go to junk yards. I live in VA, I had no problem findings parts for my 88 integra. If it is automatic, ditch it. The auto integras suck all together. I had a lot of problems with my auto trans in my 88. But I still loved her.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:43 AM
ska32198

my first car was a 89 teg ls never had any problems with it except the god damn rack and pinion kept breaking

and those pics hurt me on the inside...
Old 01-30-2004, 09:36 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

The D16A1 engine is mechanically similar to the browntop DOHC ZC.

Luckily enough, a few companies still make parts and junkyards usually have a few to get stock parts from. HASport makes B-series mount kits for these cars too. :naughty:
Old 01-30-2004, 11:03 PM
Co0lDood
[ATP]ATL

yeah mabey you would like to do an engine swap h: bring in a newer engine