Notices
Hybrids Insight, Civic Hybrid, Accord Hybrid, & the CRZ: Go Green!

Honda will start limited Fit EV leases at $389 a month

Old 06-30-2012, 11:04 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda will start limited Fit EV leases at $389 a month

Filed under: EV/Plug-in, Honda, USA

OK, if you're keeping score on leasable electric vehicles, you know that $249 a month gets you a 62-mile single charge range, $289 a month gets you 74 miles, and now $389 a month gets you 82 miles.

That last vehicle is the new Honda Fit EV, which the Japanese automaker says will be available for lease starting on July 20 in California and Oregon for $389 a month (originally, this was supposed to be $399).

Earlier this week, Mitsubishi said it would begin leasing its Mitsubishi i starting at $249 a month, with a $3,498 down payment. That lease, which will be run through Ally Financial, values the i at an MSRP of $30,675, or about $6,000 less than the Fit EV. The i has a 62-mile single-charge range.

Earlier this month, Nissan, whose Leaf can go 74 miles on a single charge, decreased the monthly lease payment amount for the Leaf by $60 to $289 a month, though the term was extended by three months to 39 months and the down payment was increased by $1,000, to $2,900. General Motors leases the Chevrolet Volt extended-range plug-in through Ally starting at $369 a month.

The upshot of the Honda lease? No initial down payment. The downside? No option to buy it after the lease is up. And they're only making about 1,100 of them for starters.

The EPA earlier this month gave the 123-horsepower Fit EV a 118 miles-per-gallon equivalent rating - the second-highest ever to the now-discontinued-in-the-U.S. Tesla Roadster's 119 MPGe. Rear our Fit EV review here.Continue reading Honda will start limited Fit EV leases at $389 a month
Honda will start limited Fit EV leases at $389 a month originally appeared on AutoblogGreen on Sat, 30 Jun 2012 16:40:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
[h=6][/h]Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...