Notices

Fit Mileage

Old 07-17-2006, 05:33 PM
jaxloan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fit Mileage

my gasoline light turn on 290 - 295 miles, i wonder if anyone really gets 300+ miles.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:38 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

who cares? there is still gas in the tank when the light comes on you know.

what you should be calculating is your MPG, by use of the trip odometer.

1) fill up your tank.
2) set the trip odometer.
3) drive until you think you need gas like normal.
4) fill up your tank again, taking note of how many gallons you put in.
5) get back in the car and divide the number of miles on the trip odometer by the ammount of gas you put in. reset the odometer and do this again.

it is good to keep a log of this to see how conditions and driving habits effect your gas mileage. you can make notes like "this week was hot, this week was humid, i was driving more agressively, i was takign it easy" stuff like that.

keep in mind how you drive the car will effect how good your mileage is. remember that the fit has a relativly small gas tank and even with a constant 30mpg it is hard to get 300 miles in before the gas light comes on.

also you should notice a drop in gas mileage when using A/C or other power robbing accessories.

there are probably people who can pull 400 miles to a tank in a fit if they drive it correctly, but who wants to do that all day?

in a nutshell:
gauging how good your mileage is because of how many miles you can put on one tank of gas is completely useless. my fathers van can go 400 miles on a tank of gas, but his tank is three times the size of yours.
good gas mileage has nothing to do with how many times you have to goto the pump.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:51 AM
Buyimports2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many gallons do you put in each fill up?