Notices

a little help, please...

Old 04-10-2006, 08:16 PM
McSwine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a little help, please...

I came across this board while trying to run down an erratic idle problem on my wife's 1999 Accord EX V6 (which was promptly answered with the search).

I am very interested in the new Fit. I've driven small cars most of my driving life (I'm 48), including the original CRX which I unfortunately wrapped around a phone pole.

My question is this: Is the new Fit an existing model or a redesign that will be sold in North America as well as the rest of the world? I would hate to get one and then a new model replace it in a year or two.

Thanks!
Old 04-10-2006, 08:40 PM
jdmeg6hatchy
i

The Fit is new model, id imagine it will be here for a very long time due to the size-capabilities, price, and MPG. The Fit is going to be a great economy car!!! I cant wait to test drive one! good luck and welcome to HAN
Old 04-11-2006, 01:53 AM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jdmeg6hatchy
The Fit is new model, id imagine it will be here for a very long time due to the size-capabilities, price, and MPG. The Fit is going to be a great economy car!!! I cant wait to test drive one! good luck and welcome to HAN
Actually the Fit isn't a new model, but rather has been sold in Europe and Asia for at least a couple years now. It's one of the top selling, if not the top selling vehicle in some parts of the world.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:36 AM
jdmeg6hatchy
i

Originally Posted by red94teg
Actually the Fit isn't a new model, but rather has been sold in Europe and Asia for at least a couple years now. It's one of the top selling, if not the top selling vehicle in some parts of the world.
Gosh...How could I have forgotten that. :lmao: Thanks
Old 04-11-2006, 06:54 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

the Fit has received a major refresh to meet USDM standards for crash safety, emissions, etc.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:06 AM
McSwine

So, you think it will be a few years before we get a new one? I was also wondering about the possibility of a "Type R" variant of the Fit...that would be sweet.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:55 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Originally Posted by McSwine
So, you think it will be a few years before we get a new one? I was also wondering about the possibility of a "Type R" variant of the Fit...that would be sweet.
not likely in the cards...the Fit Sport will be their performance line (it gets bigger wheels, better tires, body kit, better stereo, paddle shifters on steering wheel for auto and fog lights)
Old 04-11-2006, 05:52 PM
MtViewGuy88
Hopeful FIT owner

Originally Posted by red94teg
If I remember correctly, Honda has sold over 1 million Fit/Jazz models worldwide since it was introduced originally in Japan in 2001. Not bad consider the car is a relatively niche product, not in the more "mainstream" small car category such as the Ford Focus, Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla, and Volkswagen Golf, all of which sell in far larger numbers worldwide.

Because the Fit has such amazing packaging design, that's why everywhere it has been sold the car has become a best seller. I expect Honda to sell as many Fits in the USA as they can make just this year alone.

By the way, note that Honda is directly providing the Fit to the USA market directly from its Suzuka, Japan factory. This tells me that Honda is very close to introducing a full model change (FMC) for the Fit probably within the next 18 months, and once the change occurs expect the new Fit model to be assembled at one of Honda's North American factories to supply the demands of the US, Canadian and Mexican markets.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:32 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

the Fit was the first car to outsell the Toyota Corolla in Japan in 20+ years (that's a major accomplishment)